Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe

CracktonMoj

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay now everyone's staring at me....The animal hospital one is both horrid and fantastic, if only for the "quick wank" montions afterwards... lol!!!!Hehehe I'll see if I can let him know everyone on a wrestling board loves him, I'm sure that'll be the topic of great amusement for him :p

• Admin

The 24 Series 5 clip is brilliant!When I heard about this series the other day I assumed it'd be horrible. I remember hearing the Holy Moly dude on Tim Lovejoy's radio show and he came across as a completely boring, cynical and snivelling little bastard.Brooker is absolutely fantastic though. I hope it's on NTL On Demand~!

My fucking god- I actually had to check that 'Beat the Burglar' existed. Seriously, Brooker didn't even have to say anything, the jokes were all there, even the tearful meeting with the guy who had just smashed up your house for fun (which has got to be the greatest job ever). I don't know how anyone could have watched that first-hand on UKTV and not thought they had discovered the greatest parody show in existence and hunted for a mention of 'Chris Morris' on the credits somewhere.Fantastic show as I mentioned in the Room 101 thread. I almost did a shit when Brooker gave the greatest ever 'FUUUUUCCCCKKKK OFFFFFF' to that bloke sitting at the bar. His face was so mad it bypassed both the red and purple stages and almost went black.

I used to watch Beat the Burglar religiously. Best TV ever. Every day, without fail, they were surprised at how violated and upset they felt afterwards. Presumably the thought of a free burglar alarm and a couple of locks was blinding them towards the fact that their house was about to get torn to bits.Best one ever - this couple were all 'He might break in but he'll NEVER get pass Gripper. Gripper'll fucking 'ave 'im.' So he opens the front door with his shoulder, says 'Hey boy :)' to the dog, feeds it some ham from their own fridge, has his way with the house, and then drives away in their own car with the dog in the passenger seat. Reason? 'It's a nice dog. My kids might like him, and if they don't, I could ransom him back to you.'Sickboy - thanks, will keep trying then.

I used to watch Beat the Burglar religiously. Best TV ever. Every day, without fail, they were surprised at how violated and upset they felt afterwards. Presumably the thought of a free burglar alarm and a couple of locks was blinding them towards the fact that their house was about to get torn to bits.Best one ever - this couple were all 'He might break in but he'll NEVER get pass Gripper. Gripper'll fucking 'ave 'im.' So he opens the front door with his shoulder, says 'Hey boy :)' to the dog, feeds it some ham from their own fridge, has his way with the house, and then drives away in their own car with the dog in the passenger seat. Reason? 'It's a nice dog. My kids might like him, and if they don't, I could ransom him back to you.'Sickboy - thanks, will keep trying then.

That sounds hilarious :laugh: It could've been funnier if he had've just stomped the dog to death,but i suppose they wouldn't be able to get it back then...

• Paid Members

Beat the Burglaris a revamp of Beat the Bailiff, which is the same set-up, but with a bailiff taking all their goods and valuing them for auction. It's a workable enough show, but every single episode was identical.

Firstly, yes I do know about the three pilot episodes earlier on this year. For added bonus points: them monsters that pissed on Jeremy Kyle are from the TVGoHome series made two years ago, that, erm... wasn't entirely successful.This is the first *proper* series, and should get some kind of mass following. Not Little Britain with everyone bellowing FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF at each other in the streets, more Alan Partridge levels of love.

I almost did a shit when Brooker gave the greatest ever 'FUUUUUCCCCKKKK OFFFFFF' to that bloke sitting at the bar.

The line 'I'm going to shout at you like this for an HOUR.' did that for me. And the mention of 'Cretin Monthly', which is almost certainly a sister publication of 'Cunt Weekly'.'40 Seconds Of Fame' is going to be the greatest fucking thing ever next week. Idiots queue up for a faux-reality show while being too dense to realise that the name itself is mocking them? Wonderful.And in the clip they showed last night, I'm almost certain that they play the sad music directly AT the person who's just been told that they're shit. You know, the music that usually plays at that point in various reality shows? That music, but played AT THEM, in an attempt to make them feel worse. Fucking brilliant.

Guest the dynamite man

cbg.jpgBest. Epsiode. Ever.

Great program, downloaded it courtesy of UKNova. Can't imagine this bloke not ripping it out of the Kellogs Frosties advert, and what do you know, it's the first thing on the show.

another one already commissioned for 2007~!

Oh no, I just ejaculated while spinning on my spinny PC chair. >gets carpet cleaner and keyboard cleaning thingy<>realises is wearing clothes<>changes clothes<

• Paid Members

Does anyone know what the classical music that played during the aspirational TV segment was?

Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell I believe. We used it at Reading last season to great effect for our pre-match video on the big screen, really sends chills down the spine with the accompanying footage.I think it was used for a Lord of the Rings trailer or something too and also in Requiem for a Dream.

Archived