The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

No. 44 - Wolfgang

2005 Ranking - Not Listed (New Entrant)

Moving Up

bio_wolfgang.jpg

One half of the top tag team in Scotland, and quickly being established in other areas of the UK, Wolfgang is a mainstay for both BCW and SWA (and has held championships in both, includng a time when he held the SWA and BCW tag titles simultaneously) as a part of the T2K tag team and "A-List" faction. Has perhaps been overshadowed somewhat by the outstanding singles efforts of his partner Darkside this year, though has appeared south of the border for the likes of WZW and TTP. Most high profile appearance of the year came at the 1PW Fight Club event at the Doncaster Dome, where T2K faced Ruffneck and Battalion.

Didn't quite make last year's 50, has a solid spot in the 2k6 version.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

No. 43 - "S.O.S." Seamus O'Shaunessy

2005 Ranking - Not Listed/Not Eligible (New Entrant)

sos.jpg

The opening up of the 2006 UKFF 50~! to Irish workers means IWW's ace makes his first appearance. Past 12 months have seen him win his 2nd IWW Title from D-Lo Brown in a 3-way (which also included IWF's Assasin) at the MEW "Northern Bash" debut show last October in newcastle, and develop his character, personality and crowd-working skills with a tour with All Star Wrestling in the UK. Hell, he needed it, since he was bland, boring and charisma-free last year.....until he burst onto our screens for the new series of IWW Whiplash TV a completely different person. Clashed with England's Charlie Rage and Scotland's Drew Galloway over the IWW strap. Now showing much more presence and confidence, he is much more watchable and interesting to an audience. Not the most talented worker by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent performer who is carrying his role as company figurehead well. Decent placing in the UKFF 50~!

• Paid Members

No. 42 - Red Lightning

Moving Up

lightningtz7.png

Another of the Scottish contingent to make it to the UKFF 50~!. Lightning features very regularly for CCW, but also works for WILD Promotions, and has featured for BCW and W3L also. Not much exposure to the masses, but those who have seen him rave about him.

Apologies, I don't know too much about this guy, nor did my research turn up much of any worth either. Perhaps someone else would be able to fill us all in?

No. 41 - "Thee" Drew Galloway

2005 Ranking - 29

Moving Down

drewgalloway2.jpg

Another Scotsman on the list. The highly rated and very talented Galloway falls an astonishing 12 places since the 2005 list. Standing 6ft 6, this fella mixes up power wrestling with technical skills, and has been known to fly on occasion. Appears for various Scottish promotions, but action away from Scotland has seen him appear for All Star, WZW and IWW, among others.

Perhaps the fall in rankings may be to do with exposure over the year? Perhaps he hasn't made more high-profile strides like some of his peers...

Edited by UK Hat Guy

Red Lightning......

Seen him a good few times over past few years. Works mostly in Scotland, for BCW, WILD, W3L, and other smaller promotions in the Northeast. Also does Holiday camp tours in Scotland/North England. Doesnt frequent England as far as I know but he has worked for WZW before.

An old school based style of wrestling i would say, Babyface, but i've saw him play heel once and was also old-schoolish. I'm sure he was trained by Spinner McKenzie & Carl Conroy among others? So this could be where his old school stuff stems from. Always able to excite a crowd with his energy too and he's still quite young having just turned 20 i'm sure.

There's a youtube channel with some footage on it which I found the other week. I put the link in the YouTube thread but i'll put it here too:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaggyThistle

This is pretty much all I know but anyone care to add anything else feel free.

drew galloway as you can see has a very unique build in british wrestling. he is very good at what he does.i have seen red lighting wrestle for british championship wrestling, i wasnt overly impressed but that was a while back

Edited by PerfectPlex

The Scottish have invaded the UKFF 50 !I'm actually amazed that Red Lightning made the 50. He's not been the most over exposed wrestler in the UK right now, so he must be pretty good to be in the position that he's in. We still have the likes of Darkside, Conscience, Falcon and Jay Phoenix to come out of the list.

• Paid Members

No. 40 - Leroy Kincaide

Moving Up

leroykincaid.jpg

LEEEEEEEEE!!!!

ROOOOOOYYYY!!!

Current FWA All-England Champion won the belt from Hade Vansen last October, and has defended it convincingly in several squash matches, with an "open contract" gimmick, in that promotion. A former Dropkixx standout and member of the Alex Shane Security Team, Leroy has also seen success in IPW-UK, where he headlined a couple of events against champion Martin Stone earlier this year, provoking brilliant, genuine split crowd support. Big dude, and has plenty of power moves in his arsenal (spears, slams etc), but is quick as f*ck and has a Spiral Tap that rivals AJ Styles' (actually, Leroy hits his better than AJ, and more consistently...).

Guest JCThunder...WrestlingGod

Leroy is awesome! Although i dont like how was robbed of the title in IPW!!He also looks a lot bigger in real life than in that pic!

On a personal note, Whitton and Richie both appeared my own choice for the British Match of the Year so far, as a team against Stevie Lynn and Ice XVII in March, that more people really should see.

If you ever get a chance to see the Ice XVII and Kid Richie vs. Chris Whitton & Stevie Lynn match from Ware last year, I suggest you watch it. Was one of the best matches I saw live last year.

I expected some of the IWW guys to be higher up the list beacuse of their TWC exposure.Looks like 3CW has quite a few talented wrestlers, guess I'll have to check them out in the future and see what i'm missing.

• Paid Members

No. 39 - Johnny Kidd

2005 Ranking - 8

Moving Down

roster10.jpg

WOS veteran falls an almighty 31 places, after sealing a top 10 finish in last year's UKFF 50~!. Though now an aging warrior, Kidd can still work his magic, as proven on his high profile appearances for LDN and WZW, as well as regular work for Premier Promotions. 2005/6 hasn't seen him in as many "raved about" matches than in 2004/2005, though, which may have contributed to his fall. Having said that, the fact that someone who has been around so long is still considered amongst the top 50 British wrestlers is a huge statement, and a fitting tribute to one of the true greats of the "sport".

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

No. 38 - Dragon Aisu

Moving Up

aisujw7.png

New entrant to the UKFF 50~! for this year, probably due to the fact that he seems to have wrestled for just about every single promotion in the UK in the last 12 months, often leaving a lasting impression. Was known as Ice XVII up until March 2006, before changing it to the equally perplexing Dragon Aisu. "Calgary, Alberta, Canada" native employs smark favourites like the Canadian Destroyer, Kobashi Machine Gun Chops and various Japanese-style head-dropping suplexes, but rather than busting them out INDY~! style just to pop a crowd, masterfully weaves them into the story of the match he is performing in. 3CW has seen him turn from heel to face, then back again, with so much frequency it has lost all meaning, but is still one of the most impressive workers in that league. Also found time to appear for AWA-UK, IPW-UK, FWA, GPW, RDW and others, and has landed high profile spots on major 1PW cards. Made huge strides in the last 12 months, and will surely earn him a higher ranking next year if he keeps following the same path.

(Photo - UK Hat Guy)

Edited by UK Hat Guy