John Tenta passes away

Garrett

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many I had been following his posts over on the Wrestlecrap forums, when he stopped posting around March time it was concerning and then I checked a few days ago and a friend of his posted that he was not doing so good, While this news of his passing is not shocking it is still very sad, He was a person that I have never heard or read anything bad about and while I never met him he always seemed to value his fans and interact with them as much as he could via Wrestlecrap and for a short time the UKFF. At least he is no longer suffering, My thoughts go out to his family and friendsRIP

• Paid Members

That's very sad news, although not unexpected. A real shame this is one fight he didn't win. Excellent character and genuinely nice guy by all accounts.

I had heard of his struggle with this cancer for years, and had hoped he would pull through.I just watched him and Typhoon tag up at Royal Rumble 1992, and had forgotten how talented he had been for a big guy.He will be sorely missed by wrestling fans and workers alike.RIP John Tenta.

Guest gerrytheking

really sad to hear of johns death. it was a long brave battle for him against cancer. i met and interviewed john some years ago while workin for a news site. he was a really nice man to speak to.in the ring ill always remember his matches with hogan as childhood favourites.rip earthquake

• Paid Members

RIP Johnalways came across as a genuinely nice guy, his wrestlecrap association is legendar.Earthquake for me will always go down as one of the greatest heels of all time, he was the main guy when i was growing up, the nostalgia factor is always there, memories ill never forget.