Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Grecian, you could soften the blow by leading with "Honey, I fucked your sister ... " & then adding "... & your laptop."  You know it makes sense.

Went with something a bit sneakier. Told her there had been an accident, waited three or four seconds before saying 'don't worry, the kids are fine. But your laptop isn't'. She seems okay so far, my balls are still in place, but vengeance can't be too far away. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone used (or had problems with) Collect+ courier?

purchased something through eBay and the seller used them. Yesterday, as I still had not recevied and the online tracking was not working I contacted them direct amd they informed me that it had been delivered and signed for on 14 April 2017. It hasn't! 

Now concerned, that I am not going to get my item and also potentially going to loose out on the money I paid.

• Paid Members

Regarding my questions about buying a used Macbook Pro recently. 

I've been offered a late 2013, 13 inch Macbook Pro (retina.) 8gb RAM, i5 processor, 128gb SSD. Now, that's not a lot of storage but between my various cloud accounts I have around 500gb of cloud storage. Besides the usual surfing and writing, I'd like to be able do a little video and image editing. Can anybody who is familiar with Macs tell me if this model will be alright for that?

The guy wants £550. With no cosmetic damage and not too many battery cycles, I'm thinking it's a good deal. Any thoughts on that price?

Thanks. 

If it's a trusted source, it sounds like a good deal. If you're going to do video editing, I'd get a USB3 or thunderbolt drive and put your footage and do your edits on there. Once you've got the OS and a few Adobe apps, you're going to start running out space real quick on a 128GB drive. 8GB of ram is probably ok if you're not doing anything too heavy. I've got pretty much the exact same model for work and it's fine for bits of editing, though it does get a bit toasty when you're doing keyframes and rendering.

• Awards Moderator
26 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm planning on taking a trip to London with Mrs Power in early July. Where is the best place to stay, fairly central, close to everything etc.

Being a dirty Northener, I don't really want to pay through the roof.

Many thanks.

What are you seeing while you're daaahn saaaf? London is a big-ish place. 

Archived