Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thanks for all your help guys. Looked at what you've all said and looked at some videos of MRI Scans (it does make a horrible sound) on Youtube and I think I'll be fine. Thanks again!

EDIT: Just that I'll be worrying over Christmas, which would be awful. Last Ultrasound looked really bad. My gallbladder is fit to burst. Operation very soon after the MRI Scan supposed to be. or it's the old tube down the throat to get the gallstones out of the bile duct which sounds brilliantly fun. :(  .. Doesn't look good to be old bAzTNM at the moment. :(

We use fMRI at work for seeing how the brain responds to advertising. It's essentially the sister of an MRI machine.

I'd say that the only real problems are it's claustrophobic inside the machine and that time seems to go past slowly.

I struggle with keeping still though.

If you can keep your mind occupied then it's fine

The claustrophobic side of things really got to me, and I don't mind small spaces or anything like that, but I felt myself getting very worked up that I was in a metal tube surrounded by lots of banging/clattering.

I might be wrong, but according to google its 70cm across. It doesn't sound like a lot of space, but its enough to fit in. I believe it's classed as "open bore" as well, so you'll be able to see the room, depending on which way you're facing.

• Paid Members

Amazon Prime question:

Do you guys know how Prime works around Christmas? I've bought the majority of my Christmas presents with this month's pay cheque with the intention of buying the rest from  Amazon when I get paid again on the 22nd December. Does Prime still work as it usually does that close to Christmas? Assuming my item is in stock and Prime eligible, it'll be delivered next day?

Does anybody know the actual measurements of the hole? It's supposedly a Siemans one that's being used.

I had one in that one, felt like I was in a Kubrick film so that helped me, I'm claustrophobic but I loved it for some reason.

• Paid Members

It seems you're only guaranteed late delivery on Christmas Eve if you live around London. Obviously it would be safer to place orders before the 24th.

I live in London and get Prime Now, so I reckon I'd be alright there but I'm planning to order it all on the 22nd anyway.

Thanks, guys.

Not sure if people are aware of this but if you take a course with e-careers you can get a nus extra card which means you can get Amazon prime student free for 6 months.

You can also get student discount all over the place.

If you check the deal sites you can get courses for £9.

Can anyone help me locate the full version of a particular documentary that I want to watch online?

I think it's called 'Inside Britain's Fattest Man' and was shown on Sky One around 2006/07. Richard Hammond is hosting and it explores the science of extreme obesity by 'going inside' Barry Austin, the super morbidly overweight Brummie (who in some sort of miracle seems to still be alive).

There's a ten minute clip of it on YouTube under 'Britains Fatest (sic) Man' but I'd love to watch the full one again.

Can anyone help a brother out? Cheers.

Archived