Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Lads, I don’t know where to put this but I’m at my wits end. I’ve Shazam’d it but cunts talking are stopping me getting a result.

Can anyone name the track running over this tv spot? Really am about to have a nervo over this...

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/the-guest-on-film4

Here....

http://nameofthesong.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-guest-official-trailer-song-music.html

I'm pretty sure it's: hourglass - survive

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justice - Not an expert but I've spoken to a few people who use FBA and they all prefer it over eBay. I'm almost certain you don't pay a % like you do on eBay. That said, I think you pay an extra £1 or so per item sold if you don't have a pro account (about £25 per month). You only pay your storage space fees and order fulfilment cost.

Again, not a personal account but from what I've only ever heard that FBA is better than eBay for business sellers, never the other way round.

Cheers for that. I couldn't see anything about selling fees so that does seem to be the case. If people do prefer it over eBay then it's worth looking into.

• Paid Members

Lads, I don’t know where to put this but I’m at my wits end. I’ve Shazam’d it but cunts talking are stopping me getting a result.

Can anyone name the track running over this tv spot? Really am about to have a nervo over this...

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/the-guest-on-film4

Here....

http://nameofthesong.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-guest-official-trailer-song-music.html

I'm pretty sure it's: hourglass - survive

Deffo ain't Survives Hourglass as I've listened to that song a fair amount, although it does sound like it.

Probably some in house Film4 tune.

Hate when this happens...

• Paid Members

If your stereo has a line or aux input on the back, you're good to go. If it has a phono input, you'll need a pre amp to go between them.

It just has an 'Audio In' input which I assume must be phono. So I just need to get a pre amp as well and it'll be good to go? Am I likely to have to buy an aux cable as well or does the pre-amp or turntables usually come with them?

If your stereo has a line or aux input on the back, you're good to go. If it has a phono input, you'll need a pre amp to go between them.

It just has an 'Audio In' input which I assume must be phono. So I just need to get a pre amp as well and it'll be good to go? Am I likely to have to buy an aux cable as well or does the pre-amp or turntables usually come with them?

Is the audio in a 3.5mm headphone style socket or a red and white RCA one? You'll want it to be an RCA one.

• Paid Members

Is the audio in a 3.5mm headphone style socket or a red and white RCA one? You'll want it to be an RCA one.

It looks like a headphone style socket but it isn't labelled as such. There is a headphone socket in the front that IS labelled as such to my eye they look the same.

So assuming I get this pre amp I'd connect a cable from the phono socket into the pre amp and then the pre amp onto turntable?

• Moderators

You can definitely do that. I used to use one to record stuff out to my pc using a twin phono to 3.5mm jack plugged into the Mic socket from my mixer.

You'll still need to do something with the ground wire though, I guess. Make sure the pre amp has a connector for that. (If you're buying the one Amazon recommends on that page, then yes it does)

Archived