Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Turntable question:

Looking at buying this for my girlfriend for Christmas but I don't know anything about them. A mate recommended this line and it has great Amazon reviews. What I don't understand is, can it connect straight to my stereo speakers or do I need some sort of special connector or indeed different speakers or what? Thanks in advance.

I'm planning on moving to London - well, I've been planning it for ages and just haven't made much headway - and there seems to be plenty of nice 2 bed flats in the Kensal Rise / Willesden Green area at quite an affordable price, for London prices at least. Anybody familiar with the area?

• Paid Members

Be careful about some of those flats — have you looked at any in person? I went with a friend to look at a gorgeous flat once in Willesden Green, and when we got there it was a bedsit where you would have to sit with your feet in the shower whilst you shit. I asked the agent what the fuck was the deal, and he just told me that someone must have been after putting up the wrong pictures. I don't know who would go for that sort of thing, but I guess they just expected that someone would just think "I don't care, I just want a flat".

Does anyone or has anyone used the Fulfillment by Amazon service? Can you tell me how the fees are broken down? I know it depends on what you're selling, and I can see the postage costs and the cost for storage but I can't see if they take a percentage of your sales like eBay does.

From a business perspective, would you say it is better to use FBA over eBay in terms of overall fees?

Be careful about some of those flats — have you looked at any in person? I went with a friend to look at a gorgeous flat once in Willesden Green, and when we got there it was a bedsit where you would have to sit with your feet in the shower whilst you shit. I asked the agent what the fuck was the deal, and he just told me that someone must have been after putting up the wrong pictures. I don't know who would go for that sort of thing, but I guess they just expected that someone would just think "I don't care, I just want a flat".

I haven't looked at any in person yet, but my girlfriend stayed at her friend's flat last week who lives in the area and is paying the same sort of price, and there was no feet in shower situation, so hopefully we'll find somewhere similar.

Justice - Not an expert but I've spoken to a few people who use FBA and they all prefer it over eBay. I'm almost certain you don't pay a % like you do on eBay. That said, I think you pay an extra £1 or so per item sold if you don't have a pro account (about £25 per month). You only pay your storage space fees and order fulfilment cost.

Again, not a personal account but from what I've only ever heard that FBA is better than eBay for business sellers, never the other way round.

Lads, I don’t know where to put this but I’m at my wits end. I’ve Shazam’d it but cunts talking are stopping me getting a result.

Can anyone name the track running over this tv spot? Really am about to have a nervo over this...

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/the-guest-on-film4

Here....

http://nameofthesong.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-guest-official-trailer-song-music.html

Archived