Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know exactly what the deal is, but it's definitely not a new building. At a guess, it might have been a bigger single property converted into a couple of flats.

Right, so then they would have to have got planning permission to the Local Authority and they would be aware of the flats, and all eligible for Council Tax.

• Paid Members

If you're putting in an address, it's just guessing that you're going there tomorrow. It happens with me too.

No. Google uses all it knows about you to connect services together.

It definitely wasn't a guess, it knew the exact time I was due to arrive and I hadn't told anyone.

Thanks for your recommendations on those email addresses, I was hoping there would be a massive free discreet secure mail service that was like Gmail but with less spying but that was wishful thinking.

In which case, it'd be on Royal Mail's system.

I see. So what you're saying is, this property/properties having been converted in to flats, of which they would've had to get planning permission and now isn't on the Royal Mail delivery system? I'm sure that happens due to system errors/anomalies but I reckon is very small percentage.

If anyone who isn't getting posts/bills, I would suggest needs to get in touch sharpish with utilities/authorities etc as you might have a nasty surprise :(

In which case, it'd be on Royal Mail's system.

I see. So what you're saying is, this property/properties having been converted in to flats, of which they would've had to get planning permission and now isn't on the Royal Mail delivery system? I'm sure that happens due to system errors/anomalies but I reckon is very small percentage.

If anyone who isn't getting posts/bills, I would suggest needs to get in touch sharpish with utilities/authorities etc as you might have a nasty surprise :(

I've known someone who took a while to get on to the mailing system and letters kept going undelivered after moving in to a house on a new estate. Took them a few weeks to sort out and was a massive pain but as far as I'm aware they paid council tax from the get go as the address had been registered with the local authority.

Yeah, I live in a flat that is a converted house, the owners live on the ground floor. We are both at the same address but I'm in a self contained flat so the council tax is for two flats and not one house. My address isn't on the Royal Mail list but the property is.

Yeah, I live in a flat that is a converted house, the owners live on the ground floor. We are both at the same address but I'm in a self contained flat so the council tax is for two flats and not one house. My address isn't on the Royal Mail list but the property is.

So you have the same address as the owner, is that right?

So you have the same address as the owner, is that right?

Yeah, same front door to the property but two different doors to the flats. Two lots of meters, amenities, broadband etc. Same address as "Upper Floor Flat" or anything like that isn't listed.

• Paid Members

Going for an eye test on Monday. I am sure I need glasses. Years of staring at screens have messed me up. How have people who haven't always had glasses found the transition to wearing them all the time?

I'm looking to go to uni through Clearing. I've left it late to make the decision to try go to uni. My big problems are a) I was a bellend in sixth form and came in as and when I pleased and ended up with 200 UCAS points, and b) there's no course that stands out as definitely the one for me. However, Audio and Music Production is something I have an interest in learning but I have no background in it at all.

So is it worth trying to get on that course? Do I gear my Personal Statement towards it knowing the odds on me getting on the course could be slim? How do I go about the Personal Statement if I have fuck all experience in it but am keen on it?

Archived