Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Had a read through the dramas one recently, I'm suprised Mad Men ranked as low as it did

Likewise. I had only seen the first two seasons at the time but if I did it now I would have probably had it at number 2 or 3. The fact that it was beaten by fucking DEXTER is quite sad. But from what I can tell, barely anyone in the UK has actually watched Mad Men sadly.

• Paid Members

I regretted missing that sitcoms thread. My favourite sitcom of all time is Yes, (Prime) Minister, so I was sad to see it not even get a single mention.

• Awards Moderator

Was really surprised that Bread didn't get a mention full stop in that sitcom thread.

Average age of the forum skews under Bread. And it's not like it gets trotted out in the list shows so it never gets rediscovered.

• Paid Members

Slightly confused with the scrapping of grants for students in the budget today. They're replacing them with loans from 2016/17. Anyone know if this applies to all students from next year or NEW students starting next year. So as I'm starting uni this year, I'll continue to get grants until I graduate in three years?

• Paid Members

Why, when Barr had to rename their Iron Brew as Irn Bru (on the grounds that it doesn't contain any significant amount of iron, and it isn't brewed) are supermarkets allowed to call their version Iron Brew?

Why, when Barr had to rename their Iron Brew as Irn Bru (on the grounds that it doesn't contain any significant amount of iron, and it isn't brewed) are supermarkets allowed to call their version Iron Brew?

Some faff at the end of world war 2 as isn't brewed, possibly since relaxed The Ferric Citrate in Irn bru means can be called Iron.. 

Archived