KRS

The Off-Topic Questions Thread

Hi there! Need to get out my house for a few weeks \ months due to the constant rowing with me and Mum. I need a place to stay. It would only be me. What are my rights in this situation? I just need somewhere for a few weeks because I feel like I'm going to snap pretty bad. Thanks.

My Mum is a housing officer at my local council, and her advice would be sort your issues out and go home. There are people with nothing being given tents to sleep in at the moment. You would be so far down the list of priorities you probably wouldn’t even get a tent! Seriously, if you went to the council saying you’ve fallen out with your Mum and need a place to stay they will probably just walk out of the room. The housing situation is really, really fucking dire at the moment even for people in horrendous circumstances. 

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Hi there! Need to get out my house for a few weeks \ months due to the constant rowing with me and Mum. I need a place to stay. It would only be me. What are my rights in this situation? I just need somewhere for a few weeks because I feel like I'm going to snap pretty bad. Thanks.

Like Waters says. You'll be about as far down the priority list as you can get. In the eyes of the local housing authority, you're a single, childless male with no dependents who has a place to live but doesn't want to be there. Even if you were higher up on a priority list the waiting list would still be far longer than you probably want. Do you not have any friends you could stay with for a couple of weeks to see if it sorts itself out?

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, chokeout said:

Do you not have any friends you could stay with for a couple of weeks to see if it sorts itself out?

Is that an offer? 

There you go Baz. Chokeout will put you up for a couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 4

Hi Baz, there's no need to be unhappy. There's a place you can go when you're short on your dough. You can stay there and I'm sure you will find many ways to have a good time.

• Upvote 4

Yep, they have everything for young men to enjoy. You can hang out with all the boys, Baz.

• Downvote 1

Does anyone here know if Tommy Cooper was being broadcast to the whole nation the night that he collapsed on stage and eventually died, or just in the London area?

The show he was on (Live from Her Majesty's) was being broadcast by LWT, who were the ITV franchise holder for Greater London and the Home Counties. However I've read conflicting things about whether it was just being shown in that area or not.

Me Dad has always claimed he watched it Live on the night from his home in Liverpool, but I was always under the impression that this would've been impossible. A few things I've read however make reference to his death being broadcast 'nationwide' or on 'full ITV' (like this blog I stumbled upon).

Can any of the telly/comedy bods on here clear it up?

Might want to read the first post of the thread there, Pinc.  But I seem to remember watching it, however, memory is not a good friend at my age.

What are some good sites (or print publications) to advertise a free night of comedy (London based) in? I know there's Chortle specifically for comedy and then obviously something like the Time Out website, but I'm trying to think of outlets other than the obvious.