Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

3 minutes ago, icke83 said:

I don't really know anything about the NBA but I was thinking it might be good to see The Knicks at MSG when i'm in NYC in April but noticed they are playing 3 matches in 4 days so I wondered if that will hurt the quality since presumably they won't have all the best players play that frequently? Does anyone who knows about NBA think that the match against Miami heat, Bucks or the Cavaliers would be the best one to go to? Thanks

Nah, the best players will be playing unless they are injured.  Basketball has a rolling substitute thing.  The game is 48 minutes and the starters play for around the 30 minutes mark.  I'd go for the Cavs game.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, icke83 said:

I don't really know anything about the NBA but I was thinking it might be good to see The Knicks at MSG when i'm in NYC in April but noticed they are playing 3 matches in 4 days so I wondered if that will hurt the quality since presumably they won't have all the best players play that frequently? Does anyone who knows about NBA think that the match against Miami heat, Bucks or the Cavaliers would be the best one to go to? Thanks

100% the Cavs game to see one of the greatest to ever play the game (hopefully he's fit)

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, icke83 said:

Cheers. Thinking I might go see the Brooklyn Mets vs Chicago Bulls now instead on the same night for $39 since Knicks cheapest seats are $189 or hang on and check the resale sites nearer the time..

Brooklyn Nets, surely? The Mets vs. the Bulls would make for a very odd game.

• Paid Members

Alright folks?  Anyone on here know their way around wordpress?  I've always used 'Sitemaker' going back forever, but its latest incarnation is fairly clunky and so i'm looking to make the switch.

Just my own site initially while I get to grips.  I've applied one of the free skins which is largely perfect, but does anyone know how I might be able to edit the background colour of widgets I want to insert - I dont know if its the theme, or Wordpresses widgets being grey as standard, but they don't fit at all only I can't find any way of amending them.

Happy to take the convo to PM if its a complicated answer.  Thanks in advance gang.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, John Matrix said:

Alright folks?  Anyone on here know their way around wordpress?  I've always used 'Sitemaker' going back forever, but its latest incarnation is fairly clunky and so i'm looking to make the switch.

Just my own site initially while I get to grips.  I've applied one of the free skins which is largely perfect, but does anyone know how I might be able to edit the background colour of widgets I want to insert - I dont know if its the theme, or Wordpresses widgets being grey as standard, but they don't fit at all only I can't find any way of amending them.

Happy to take the convo to PM if its a complicated answer.  Thanks in advance gang.

Widgets on the front end or the back end?

Done at a theme level regardless Matrixo. Either edit the theme (better to make a child theme first) or hack the CSS willy nilly.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Widgets on the front end or the back end?

Done at a theme level regardless Matrixo. Either edit the theme (better to make a child theme first) or hack the CSS willy nilly.

I can't see any way to do that though chief.  In 'Customize' there seems to be very few options to modify colours etc, I just can't find the route in.

• Awards Moderator
45 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

I can't see any way to do that though chief.  In 'Customize' there seems to be very few options to modify colours etc, I just can't find the route in.

Sorry, I meant the CSS is controlled via the theme. If there aren't any hooks created to customise their colours, hand-coding it is. The CSS is very digestible so it's easy to mod. 

I'm trying to find an app/web based learning platform that's designed ideally for late key stage 2 early key stage 3 students where English isn't their first language. Ideally I want it to do 3 things..

Allow photos and or /attachments to be uploaded and submitted to the teacher instead of put on a public wall

Allow recording of audio which is directly uploaded to the system and submitted directly to the teacher. Similar to how the Evernote widget can do it

Finally if it allows me to share things with my students and provide quizzes etc that would be awesome.

Even if it can only do the first two that would be great. Otherwise I'm tempted to comission something

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Is it possible to use the 'Cast to device' function from Windows 10 to a non smart TV? Would a USB WiFi dongle do the trick or is it more complex than that? 

If you've got a console, you can do it to the TV via that, casting to your Xbox or whatnot. At least, you could. The latest creator's update a couple of weeks ago seemed to break Cast to Device for me entirely.

Archived