Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Adulthood. And the people in the scene I was thinking of were all white, I think. The balaclava thugs' leader (and maybe the rest) might have been foreign, though, and possibly some kind of associate of the rich bloke.

Adulthood was on tonight ( I didn't watch but have seen it) and there is a scene where a rich posh guy gets mugged along with his wife, and the mugger threatens them with a stabbing unless she shows her tits. I thought you must have been watching that and then reminded of another film!

I have a track on my playlist where the sound only comes out of the right speaker (and right headphone). Can this be rectified, and if so, how?

The track has never been officially released and is only available on youtube. I converted the link to MP3 like I've done with other tracks in the past.

That all sounds a bit complicated to me. Here's a nice simple question - answer this instead, guys!

I spilt cereal on my rug, so attacked it with some carpet cleaner. It now feels all coarse in the spot where I cleaned it. Is there anything I can do to soften and fluff it up a bit?

Strangely enough we had a similar issue. Answer - big bucket of water and a sponge. You've "treated" the stain but still need redesolve what ever is in there then absorb it back up.

Switched on the computer this morning and Firefox won't connect to the Internet. Internet Explorer does, which is how I'm able to write this.

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I get that off Firefox though, as soon as it starts up. It doesn't even spend ages trying. I've reinstalled it and no difference. I don't know what could be the cause of it, but it is likely related to the situation last nochy. A Malwarebytes Antimalware scan found a virus.ramnit, and I downloaded ESET NOD32 -- that scan found and "cleaned" 5 things, but they were all protection files from Spybot Search & Destroy. My thinking is that either the virus has fucked with Firefox, the NOD32 itself is acting as some sort of firewall, or removing the Spybot files has made Spybot get all narky with Firefox. Any ideas?

• Paid Members
What film or TV show has a scene where a gang of hoodlums (wearing balaclavas, I think) rape some rich fella's wife as she screams for him to help and he weakly offers them money (or maybe an expensive watch) to stop? I can't remember much about it other than it being rubbish, and I think they punched him in the stomach. They might have been anti-rich anarchists as well.

Was the film you're thinking of the rediculous 'Trespass' with Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman? I recall the film being about a gang of Hoodlums who (wearing balaclavas) break into the couples house and IIRC attack Kidman while Cage watches and i believe he offers them something in return for them leaving the house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespass_(2011_film)

What film or TV show has a scene where a gang of hoodlums (wearing balaclavas, I think) rape some rich fella's wife as she screams for him to help and he weakly offers them money (or maybe an expensive watch) to stop? I can't remember much about it other than it being rubbish, and I think they punched him in the stomach. They might have been anti-rich anarchists as well.

Was the film you're thinking of the rediculous 'Trespass' with Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman? I recall the film being about a gang of Hoodlums who (wearing balaclavas) break into the couples house and IIRC attack Kidman while Cage watches and i believe he offers them something in return for them leaving the house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespass_(2011_film)

Are you thinking of Clockwork Orange? That's pretty much exactly what happens in the infamous rape scene in that.

I'm certainly not thinking of A Clockwork Orange. Uncle Alex and his droogs weren't in balaclavas. I'm wondering now if the ones in the film I'm thinking of were wearing masks of presidents or famous figures, though. Regardless, I know A Clockwork Orange well.

Can someone just list all the rape scenes ever?

I'm certainly not thinking of A Clockwork Orange. Uncle Alex and his droogs weren't in balaclavas. I'm wondering now if the ones in the film I'm thinking of were wearing masks of presidents or famous figures, though. Regardless, I know A Clockwork Orange well.

Can someone just list all the rape scenes ever?

I guess there's something a little similar in Out Of Sight. Clooney and the gang are wearing balaclavas, and one of them takes Ripley's wife upstairs for some good old-fashioned rape.

Archived