Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the first Rangers versus Celtic match?Where was it?What was the attendance?What was the score?

Celtic vs RangersOne of the most heated football matches in the world is the Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers. Both clubs play in Glasgow, Scotland and the match is one of the oldest derbies in the world, dating back to 1888, when Celtic first beat Rangers 5-2. The Old Firm derby is also one of the most contested matches in the world, with over 400 games having been played.The Old Firm match is one of the most fiercely battled in the world and the crowds are rarely disappointed. It splits Glasgow in two and the rivalry is so intense that fans are warned not to wear team colours around the city at any times (Celtic's colours being green and white, while Rangers' colours are blue and red).The matches are played at either Celtic Park with 60,000 fans or Ibrox Park in front of 50,000. Before an Old Firm game, local news coverage is often of nothing other than the game.Rangers are considered a Protestant club with unionist and royalist supporters, while Celtic is considered a Catholic club with republican supporters. It is by far the greatest football rivalry in Britain and has long had connections with the political conflict in Northern Ireland.Rangers currently lead their bitter rivals in terms of trophies won (the most successful in fact in World Football with 107 won in all) and also in the head to head history between the two clubs :-Rangers F.C. - 242 WinsCeltic F.C. - 190 WinsDraws - 137

1) Can someone please tell me what, "You've Got Tweets Mate" means? I see it spray painted on walls in Reading, and it makes me smirk, but I don't have a clue what it represents.

Whereabouts? I've never seen this on a wall...
There is one down the stairs by Muji and one massive one next to Iguana. I will try to get a photograph.

As in the finger game? Or is there an actual recognised measurement thats a finger, kinda like what a foot is?If it's just for the game or any games like it then its just drinking as much as a finger covers, say you've gotta drink 3 fingers it's how far your 3 fingers go when you hold them together while holding the glass from the top of the liquidI love how I explain things :sly:

As in the finger game? Or is there an actual recognised measurement thats a finger, kinda like what a foot is?If it's just for the game or any games like it then its just drinking as much as a finger covers, say you've gotta drink 3 fingers it's how far your 3 fingers go when you hold them together while holding the glass from the top of the liquidI love how I explain things :sly:

Right I think I get it, I don't think it's an actual recognised measurement, infact I'm sure it's not.So ou place the fingers horizontally next to the pint instead of vertically

Archived