Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Moderators

Are you looking for a t-shirt like the one he's wearing in the picture, or a t-shirt with the picture of him on it?

Either way, if you have a decent quality image you could always just get one printed. There are websites where you just upload the jpeg and they send you a t-shirt with it printed on. Decent quality material, too.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/vampire_fangs_tshi...890552275872997

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/vampire_fangs_wolf...810780904003051

Those are the two closest I could find up to page 14.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/vampire+teeth+gifts?pg=14

Carry on from that page if you like, but there's like 2000 results so it could take a while.

• Paid Members

Could somebody answer this one for me? During Sky Sport's Premier League coverage they play this song going into the advert breaks. Lyrics I can catch are..

NA-NA-NA-NA-NA PEOPLE I NEED YOU NA-NA-NA-NA BABY I NEED YOU URGH!

Sounds very "Stone Roses"-ish IMO. Anybody know what the title is?

Thanks very much!

Could somebody answer this one for me? During Sky Sport's Premier League coverage they play this song going into the advert breaks. Lyrics I can catch are..

Thanks very much!

I am not sure that the lyrics you give are correct but Sky Sports have been using Club Foot by Kasabian for their Ford adverts recently which replaced The Time is Now by Moloko

• Paid Members

Thanks very much!

I am not sure that the lyrics you give are correct but Sky Sports have been using Club Foot by Kasabian for their Ford adverts recently which replaced The Time is Now by Moloko

It appears to be "Club Foot" by Kasabian. Much appreciated!

• Paid Members

Can anyone find me the complete list of films shown on Film4 last week (starting 01/02/10). I've only got the net on the phone so its pretty tough to search like I would on a PC. I'm trying to find the name of a 40's film I watched last.

• Paid Members

Hope this helps. I got a bit lazy towards the end and only copied and pasted the films from the 40s, but if the film you're looking for isn't here just give me a shout and I'll trawl the listings for you.

Monday:

11am:

Appointment in London

1953[R]

Dirk Bogarde is an RAF wing commander, stressed by his sorties over Germany, who finds consolation in his friendship with a war widow (Dinah Sheridan). Directed by Philip Leacock.

12.55pm

The Dark Corner

1946[R]

Lucille Ball, before turning to comedy, stars in this gripping film noir as a secretary who sets out to prove that her ex-con private eye boss is innocent of murder.

14.50:

Sleep My Love

Claudette Colbert stars as a wealthy housewife, whose evil husband (Don Ameche) is trying to drive her to suicide by making her mad in Douglas Sirk's film noir.

16.50:

Donovan's Reef

1963[R]

John Wayne stars in John Ford's comedy as the bar owner on a Pacific island who must fool strait-laced Elizabeth Allen into thinking he's responsible for her father's native family.

(The rest of the films for that day are from the 70s onwards, so I haven't bothered with them)

Tuesday:

11am:

Come Next Spring

1956[R]

Steve Cochran stars in this drama set in 1920s Arizona as a dissolute farmer who returns home after 12 years and must win back the love of his wife (Ann Sheridan).

12.50:

Good Morning, Miss Dove

1955[R]

Warm, sentimental and engrossing drama about the life of a dedicated small-town schoolteacher in New England, played by Jennifer Jones.

14.55:

Night Train to Munich

1940[R]

Carol Reed's spy thriller stars Rex Harrison as a British secret agent who goes undercover in Germany to rescue Margaret Lockwood and her metallurgist father from the Nazis.

Carousel

Gordon MacRae stars as a carnival barker killed in a botched robbery who's allowed one day back on Earth to help his daughter (Shirley Jones) in this Rodgers and Hammerstein musical.

(Rest of the films are from the 21st Century, not bothered with them)

Wednesday

13.10:

Dragonwyck

1946[R]

Gene Tierney stars as a governess who takes a post at Vincent Price's mansion and marries him, only to discover he is both mad and a murderer in this chilling Gothic drama.

(Only 40s film from that day)

Thursday

#

American Guerilla in the Philippines (1950)

Fritz Lang's film stars Tyrone Power as the leader of a group of US servicemen left stranded in the Philippines who leads the resistance to the Japanese invaders.

(Rest of films from day from 1955 onwards)

Friday:

(No 40s films this day)

Saturday:

11am

The Dark Corner

1946[R]

Lucille Ball, before turning to comedy, stars in this gripping film noir as a secretary who sets out to prove that her ex-con private eye boss is innocent of murder.

Sunday:

11am

Sleep My Love

1948[R]

Claudette Colbert stars as a wealthy housewife, whose evil husband (Don Ameche) is trying to drive her to suicide by making her mad in Douglas Sirk's film noir.

• Paid Members
Hope this helps. I got a bit lazy towards the end and only copied and pasted the films from the 40s, but if the film you're looking for isn't here just give me a shout and I'll trawl the listings for you.

Monday:

11am:

Appointment in London

1953[R]

Dirk Bogarde is an RAF wing commander, stressed by his sorties over Germany, who finds consolation in his friendship with a war widow (Dinah Sheridan). Directed by Philip Leacock.

12.55pm

The Dark Corner

1946[R]

14.50:

Sleep My Love

16.50:

Donovan's Reef

1963[R]

John Wayne stars in John Ford's comedy as the bar owner on a Pacific island who must fool strait-laced Elizabeth Allen into thinking he's responsible for her father's native family.

(The rest of the films for that day are from the 70s onwards, so I haven't bothered with them)

Tuesday:

11am:

Come Next Spring

1956[R]

Steve Cochran stars in this drama set in 1920s Arizona as a dissolute farmer who returns home after 12 years and must win back the love of his wife (Ann Sheridan).

12.50:

Good Morning, Miss Dove

1955[R]

Warm, sentimental and engrossing drama about the life of a dedicated small-town schoolteacher in New England, played by Jennifer Jones.

14.55:

Night Train to Munich

1940[R]

Carol Reed's spy thriller stars Rex Harrison as a British secret agent who goes undercover in Germany to rescue Margaret Lockwood and her metallurgist father from the Nazis.

Carousel

Gordon MacRae stars as a carnival barker killed in a botched robbery who's allowed one day back on Earth to help his daughter (Shirley Jones) in this Rodgers and Hammerstein musical.

(Rest of the films are from the 21st Century, not bothered with them)

Wednesday

13.10:

Dragonwyck

1946[R]

Gene Tierney stars as a governess who takes a post at Vincent Price's mansion and marries him, only to discover he is both mad and a murderer in this chilling Gothic drama.

(Only 40s film from that day)

Thursday

#

American Guerilla in the Philippines (1950)

Fritz Lang's film stars Tyrone Power as the leader of a group of US servicemen left stranded in the Philippines who leads the resistance to the Japanese invaders.

(Rest of films from day from 1955 onwards)

Friday:

(No 40s films this day)

Saturday:

11am

The Dark Corner

1946[R]

Sunday:

11am

Sleep My Love

1948[R]

Thanks so much for that, alas it turns out it must have been the week before. I watched Dragonwyck last week which was pretty cool. Man I have memory like a goldfish some times. If you could get the 40s films from then it would be ace.

• Paid Members
Thanks so much for that, alas it turns out it must have been the week before. I watched Dragonwyck last week which was pretty cool. Man I have memory like a goldfish some times. If you could get the 40s films from then it would be ace.

I had a look on the Film 4 website, and you can only check at the previous week's listings, no further back. No idea any other way I could check for you, so sorry about that.

• Paid Members

I had a look on the Film 4 website, and you can only check at the previous week's listings, no further back. No idea any other way I could check for you, so sorry about that.

No worries mate, thanks for looking into it. As it turns out I was able to trawl through my old text messages and found a txt I sent to a mate with a quote and name. It was The Day Will Dawn from 42 incidently. Thanks again for looking.

Cheers for the help on the t-shirt lads, alas it is still not within my grasp.

Anyways, another problem. Ages and ages ago I accidentally deleted the "Recently Played" playlist off iTunes and despite several updates since, the playlist remains deleted. Anyone know how to go about getting it back?

• Paid Members
Cheers for the help on the t-shirt lads, alas it is still not within my grasp.

Anyways, another problem. Ages and ages ago I accidentally deleted the "Recently Played" playlist off iTunes and despite several updates since, the playlist remains deleted. Anyone know how to go about getting it back?

You can create it yourselve by clicking added new smart playlist in file then set the search up as

last play in 2 week

is not podcast

and set the tick for live updting

that should work for you.

• Paid Members
Has anyone ever met someone called/who called their kid Lando?

I actually did. He was a traveller and he was called Lando Doherty. Absolutely true.

That was back in my Primary School days. Don't know what happened to him after I left there in 1991.

Archived