Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm after a cable to connect my laptop to my TV so I can watch a load of Have I got News for you shows on a big screen.

Any recommendations for what I'm after or a good price would be helpful.

Many Thanks in advance

Probably depends on if there is a lightsource there. If both ships have all lights turned off i presume it would have to come from a star.

But if no star light has reached the area the 2 ships are in presume they wouldn't see it.

But if the second spaceship has its lights on at some point yeah the'd be able to see it.

Just guessing here though.

Ok so i just finsihed watching The Simpsons on Channel 4 and Hollyoaks came on.

Couldn't be bothered to turn it over and didn't pay much attention to it.

So was i hearing things or did they just have a scene borrowing very heavily from Suspiria? I'm sure it was the same music accompanying a girl walking in the rain featuring close ups of glass windows.

Yet to see any witches though. Or brutal murders much the shame.

• Paid Members

Is it illegal to open another persons mail?

We've been having quite a lot of mail delivered to our offices from HMRC that is for another company (who vacated the office at least 3 years ago). The envelopes have messages like 'Last Reminder' stamped on them.

Am I allowed to open them to obtain a telephone and reference number from the letters?

• Paid Members

I've had this problem at home. No matter how many times I wrote "Return to sender; no-one of this name has ever lived at this address" they kept coming.

I was fearful that I could in effect be tampering with mail were I to open it and grew increasingly frustrated. I was saved when one day the person's name wasn't visible in the address window; I chose to ignore the fact that the post mark meant it was more of the same, and opened it. It was from a solicitor writing to this lady about her mental-health reports. Seemingly I've been getting confidential stuff meant for her for several months.

At this point I would've phoned the solicitors, explained that the addressee's name wasn't visible, hence my opening it, but I was saved by the content; the first line of the letter explained that "In accordance with your wishes, we shall be closing our account with you", or something to that effect.

Anyway, I'd advise you do the same, if you can get away with saying the addressee's name wasn't visible. (Assuming it's not a stick-on label.)

• Paid Members

I'm after a new monitor. I'm a big fan of Samsung's aesthetic and a Samsung one would match my big-ass TV, which would please me.

I have one in mind. It's an alright size and seems relatively cheap. Is it any good or is it missing something vital that I should look for as standard in a new monitor?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-20-inch-Wi...593&sr=8-15

• Paid Members

There was a topic on the board before which linked to website that you could copy and paste, AD link site into your browser so that they would not show anymore does anyone know the name of the thread or what website it linked to?

Archived