Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah, but I dunno what I'm looking for really, thats why I thought I'd ask if anyone knew any online places. I might check out that big fuck off Staples on the way home from work, but I don't wish to spend my weekend trawling through high street stores when I could be playing my Xbox like a reclusive nerd.

• Paid Members
Is there a way in which I can tell what kind of Blank DVDs my drive can handle? I know it can handle "+R"'s, but I ain't so sure about "-R"'s.

The logos are normally on the drive tray.

dvd_r_logo.gif

or similar for DVD-R

Thanks for the answer there. Mines says "DVD R/RW". Anybody know anything about that? Thanks again muckers!

• Moderators

As far as I know the +/-R thing only ever affected standalone DVD writers and if you're talking about the one in your computer it shouldn't impact it in any way at all, whatever discs you use.

DVD R/RW just means that it can read and write/re-write DVDs.

I have a question as well. How do I sort out portforwarding/DMZ/whatever the fuck I need to do to sort out my Xbox for MW2? I have no idea what I'm doing and it's causing me some major distress.

I'm on BT, if that helps.

It used to say NAT type Open and then overnight it has switched to Strict and I have no idea why :(

• Paid Members
As far as I know the +/-R thing only ever affected standalone DVD writers and if you're talking about the one in your computer it shouldn't impact it in any way at all, whatever discs you use.

DVD R/RW just means that it can read and write/re-write DVDs.

My current laptop will only work with -R/RW. It is quite old now mind.

Archived