Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I've had SKY for yonks, but have only recently upgraded to SKY+.

Last night and all day today they have gone through that annoying thing where every channel says "Further schedule information is not available".

Is it still possible to set SKY+ for a programme later tonight?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couriers! Can some one recommend me a good relaiably and most importantly cheap courier?

I cannot shift my mega auction still, and before I split it and spend hours, literally, listing individually, thought I would check out the price of couriers

I dont know for definate how heavy the things are, but its 19 consoles, 22 accessories and 317 games. I guess its a large transits worth in terms of size?

Anyone have any idea how much that would be to send via courier?

• Paid Members
Hey. Just been having a discussion about this at work...

What is the etymology of the phrase garden/gardening leave?

I'm afraid I can't link you to anything to back this up, but I was under the impression that it was a Civil Service term. The idea being that you are paid to do nothing more strenuous than to work on your garden.

when a netbook says "refurbished", what does that mean in real terms with regard to its performance and lifespan?

Simple answer is "depends". A real thorough refurbish would take all the individual components out, clean the connectors and replace them, but the seller could just mean he's re-installed the OS.

• Paid Members
when a netbook says "refurbished", what does that mean in real terms with regard to its performance and lifespan?

Simple answer is "depends". A real thorough refurbish would take all the individual components out, clean the connectors and replace them, but the seller could just mean he's re-installed the OS.

Many thanks for your help. Its from Curry's or Comet, so could be either I guess.

I'm still having a good look but at least now I have some grasp of what that is getting at for a like for like comparison.

Archived