Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
OK, I've exhausted all outlets, and I find myself here...How do you uninstall IE8 on Vista? Tried all the usual channels, but can't for the life of me find an uninstall exe, or repair function. I wouldn't ask, but my mum insists on using IE, despite my attempts to persuade her towards Firefox, or even Chrome.

Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates > Windows Internet Explorer 8 is in there.

• Awards Moderator
Right, i'm off to New York next week, and was thinking of picking up an iPod over there as i assume it would be cheaper (are they? There's your first question)

What i'm wanting to know is, would it all work over here? As in the stuff to install it and such, and all the updates and whutnot.

Would it be easier for me to just buy one over here?

Cheers chaps

Software-wise it would work. Exchange rate being what it is, not significantly cheaper. And you would need a UK charger. And if customs want to get sniffy about it, 1 x iPod classic style exceeds the value of goods in a certain category (can't remember what it is) that you're allowed to import.

Right, i'm off to New York next week, and was thinking of picking up an iPod over there as i assume it would be cheaper (are they? There's your first question)

What i'm wanting to know is, would it all work over here? As in the stuff to install it and such, and all the updates and whutnot.

Cheers chaps

Software-wise it would work. Exchange rate being what it is, not significantly cheaper. And you would need a UK charger. And if customs want to get sniffy about it, 1 x iPod classic style exceeds the value of goods in a certain category (can't remember what it is) that you're allowed to import.

just tell 'em you brought it in with you. ditch the box at the hotel if you must.

• Paid Members

Cheers chaps

just tell 'em you brought it in with you. ditch the box at the hotel if you must.

And the UK plug for the charger isnt too important, as you can charge it through the USB on your computer.

Cheers chaps

And the UK plug for the charger isnt too important, as you can charge it through the USB on your computer.

Or you can buy a USB mains charger on eBay for a pound.

• Paid Members
if im going to putting up posters to promote an upcoming night at a nightclub, what is the best stuff to use to get them stay on the walls

Jizz. Buckets of it.

Alternatively, I believe wallpaper paste is the substance of choice.

I heard an old Techno track recently the name of which I can't remember for the life of me.

It is a female lead who sings the lyrics 'Come on and show me baby 'cause I need your love' and 'hold me in your arms 'cause I need your love'.

I heard it listing to Clyde 1 at the start of a nightshift last Friday. Despite Googling the lyrics and spending time going through You Tube I'm having no luck. The track listing isn't on the DJ's (Krystle) website yet.

If anyone can tell me what the track is and by whom I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks

Shuggy

• Paid Members

Here's a quick question - which BBC show used Love Will Tear Us Apart as it's theme, possibly in the early 90's? It's been bugging me all day.

• Moderators

I'm gonna guess that it's because it's so damn big that it's going to be archived and a new thread started.

This doesn't asnwer you question with any certainty and doesn't really help you at all I imagine.. but if this turns out to be why then I have the prestigious honour of being able to say that I called it.

Archived