Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Just a quick question here, what's with having to click each post to read it as they are all stacked in a list now called posts in this topic? I think it's quite annoying to be honest, I like to scroll through a thread reading through but to do that now takes me ages as I have to click each individual post to read it. Is there any way to go back to the other way where you can just scroll through without taking ages to click each post? Thanks!

At the top of the first post on the right hand side there's an options button. Click it and set the view to standard.

:thumbsup: Thanks a lot!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On the post front, it may simply be down to holiday cover, either with temporary staff, people doing double duty, people doing rounds they aren't familiar with, or some combination of the three. While our regular postie was away this year, deliveries were a few hours later,

I think it's quicker given the time constraints, and with Google's paid adverts, probably helps prevent scam sites etc.

I'm thinking with new mobiles, possible web address could be www.nokia.com/en/n96/index.htm, but just putting "Search for N96" would be a damn sight easier

• Awards Moderator
So what's the deal with a lot of new tv adverts ending with;

"search the web for *product name*"

As opposed to giving a proper web address?

Is there some new advertising regulation that I don't know about?

It's more that companies are getting very smart about their SEO and can confidently claim that phrase will be #1 (and #2 and #3...) hit on Google etc. It's just snappier than giving out a horrendous URL.

• Paid Members
Simple question really. Can you score from a well-placed throw-in? Thanks.

Nope - Which is why the Enckleman thing a few years ago was such a clusterfuck. Melberg took a throw back to him, and had Enckleman just let it go in, it would have been a goal kick, but because he miscontrolled it off his own foot and then went in the goal stood

Here you go

Nope - Which is why the Enckleman thing a few years ago was such a clusterfuck. Melberg took a throw back to him, and had Enckleman just let it go in, it would have been a goal kick, but because he miscontrolled it off his own foot and then went in the goal stood

Here you go

Corner surely?

Here you go

Sorry - any excuse to tell this story:

I think it was Jimmy Johnstone (legendary Celtic winger, Lisbon Lion, greatest Celt ever etc.) went to take a corner in a game and curled it right into the goal. The referee came up to him and said "you can't do that." Jimmy raised an eyebrow and said "oh really? Can I not?" then picked up the ball and went back to take the corner again...then curled it right into the net once more. The referee then let the goal stand.

• Paid Members

Using excel is there a way to move a row of cells down one? I have time-codes in like this:

00:31:15:00 00:35:26:00

00:27:55:00 00:29:37:00

00:29:37:00 00:31:11:00

00:40:05:00 00:41:16:00

00:35:35:00 00:37:30:00

00:37:34:00 00:40:02:00

but they are all one row too high if you get what I mean. I need it so that the first one becomes the second one, the third one becomes the fourth one etc etc. Any help?

Archived