Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Awards Moderator
My Xbox red ringed a little while back.

I haven't been able to get the support website to work, so I need to give them a ring... I can't access their website at work, and I imagine the support line will be closed by the time I get home.

Could someone please check the website and put the phone number here please?

Thanks!

Phone Information

Phone

Assistance by phone:

+44 20 7365 9792

or 0800 587 1102

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):

0800 587 1103

Hours of operation:

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

Saturday: 09:00-20:00

Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Xbox red ringed a little while back.

I haven't been able to get the support website to work, so I need to give them a ring... I can't access their website at work, and I imagine the support line will be closed by the time I get home.

Could someone please check the website and put the phone number here please?

Thanks!

Phone

Assistance by phone:

+44 20 7365 9792

or 0800 587 1102

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):

0800 587 1103

Hours of operation:

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

Saturday: 09:00-20:00

Sunday: 09:00-17:00

EDIT - Or see Black2's post!

Football TV Rights 2009/ 2010 UK

This is the complete guide for Football TV Rights in the UK and for Watching Live Football on TV in the UK during the 2009 / 2010 football season. Several changes have taken place since the end last season including BBC's acquisition of 10 live games from the Coca Cola Championship and exclusive coverage of 2 legs from the Carling Cup Semi Finals and shared live coverage of the Carling Cup Final.

ITV will now only show 1 match from each round of the Champions League on a Wednesday night, with Sky Sports showing the remaining fixtures. Sky Sports have also acquired exclusive rights to the UEFA Champions League Qualifiers and the UEFA Super Cup Final.

ESPN have acquired Setanta's Live Premier League rights and will show 46 games during the 2009/2010. ESPN have also acquired the rights to show Live Italian Serie A, Live German Bundesliga, Live Dutch Eredivisie, Live Portuguese Superliga, Live Russian Premier League and Live Major League Soccer (MLS).

60 live football matches will be broadcast from the Scottish Premier League (SPL) during the 2009 / 2010 season with ESPN and Sky Sports each showing 30 live matches.

Sky Sports have acquired the rights to show the FA Community Shield live from Wembley as well as the Women's FA Cup Final for the next 3 seasons.

UEFA Europa League will be shown by Five, and ITV4 with Five having exclusive rights to the first UEFA Europa League Final.

Live Coverage of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa will be broadcast live in the UK on both BBC and ITV.

Found that on a site... hope it helps.

Do the Americans have to pay for all aspects of their medical care?

Say somebody gets Cancer, do they need to pay for Chemo, and all of that stuff? Sounds nasty.

Cheers!

Yes. That's why everyone needs medical insurance there.

Do the Americans have to pay for all aspects of their medical care?

Say somebody gets Cancer, do they need to pay for Chemo, and all of that stuff? Sounds nasty.

Cheers!

Yes. That's why everyone needs medical insurance there.

It's not that simple.

The government does actually provide health insurance for some of the population, you also have what is known as 'uncompensated care' for the some of the uninsured and there are various other ways of administering care to those without insurance.

There are still a huge number of people that fall through the cracks in the system because it isn't all centrally governed like the NHS ultimately is(so the sistuation varies from State to State and sometimes even from County to County much more than it would in different parts of the UK) and if you want to be sure of getting the best quality care without losing your house in the process you would still be well advised to get insurance of your own.

The Wiki article on Helath care in the US makes interesting, and rather scary, reading if you have a spare 30 minutes.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the education though.

While I'm here, does anyone know of a way to get round Macrovision protection when transferring VHS tapes to DVD? My mission to transfer my old wrestling tapes to digital format has stalled.

If it's not wholly legal, PM me with the details instead of posting it in here.

i've not got round to watching ufc 101 yet nor do i want to know the results,but my question is,in the listings on my freeview box for the event on espn the running time is listed as 2 hours,normally it's 3 hours right? so does anyone know why it's an hour shorter?or if it's a mistake?

While I'm here, does anyone know of a way to get round Macrovision protection when transferring VHS tapes to DVD? My mission to transfer my old wrestling tapes to digital format has stalled.

I would also like this info, cheers.

Also, does anybody know where I can download yesterday's Hollyoaks omnibus, or alternatively last weeks episodes individually? I know 4OD has them streaming, but my bird hates watching stuff on the computer and I fancy helping her out. Ta.

• Paid Members

I would also like this info, cheers.

Link me in too if possible

Archived