Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
My back went out last Wednesday and I've been on a cocktail of pain killers/muscle relaxers since. Any idea how long after taking Diazepam 2mg and Tramadol 50mg before its completely safe to drink alcohol. I mean a proper knees up rather than the odd pint. I won't touch the stuff whilst I'm on them but when am I good to go?

As far as my personal experience of Tramadols go: They enhance the experience of a good ole' piss up. Just saying.

• Awards Moderator
The Simpsons and the Critic briefly ran concurrently in the mid 90s and existed in the same universe by virtue of the Film Festival episode of the Simpsons, which is a contender for the best ever despite Matt Groening's disdain for it.

What did Groening dislike about it?

The Simpsons and the Critic briefly ran concurrently in the mid 90s and existed in the same universe by virtue of the Film Festival episode of the Simpsons, which is a contender for the best ever despite Matt Groening's disdain for it.

What did Groening dislike about it?

On the DVD commentary they tell how Groening was against the idea of a cross-over to promote another show in principle, and stormed out of the writer's meeting where it was decided to go through with it. If I remember correctly they said his distaste for the episode hadn't waned over the years and he still felt it was a mistake. I think its Al Jean who tells the story as he usually does most of the talking on the commentaries for the golden age series, but I'd have to check to be sure.

Can anyone recommend a decent bit of video editing software that's either cheap or free? I got roped in to filming a really good band (Southport, featuring Simon out of Snuff and Dec from Midway Still) tonight at their practice. They're sending the footage to a professional editing studio to turn it into the music video, but as I've got the raw footage sitting here I'd like to have a bash at knocking something together myself for shits and giggles.

• Paid Members

Windows movie maker / DVD maker is free and easy to use.

There's free trial versions of premier and FCP available to download and there's a few stripped down clone versions of them available as well. Lightworks is OK but I've not used the more recent versions and CineFX is still around although I think they've changed it's name.

• Paid Members

Can any one name this painting. I spent around half an hour looking at it in the louvre but I couldn't tell you who it's by. I can't even remember how I found the pic on line now.

WeqqX8e.jpg

• Paid Members
Can any one name this painting. I spent around half an hour looking at it in the louvre but I couldn't tell you who it's by. I can't even remember how I found the pic on line now.

WeqqX8e.jpg

Its Pandemonium by John Martin

Archived