Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Don't know about the hardcore metal fans (I've never been to Bloodstock) but the rock/metal fans at Download seem pretty accepting. Chase & Status & Pendulum got a great reception at Donington. Not sure if Slayer would get a similar reaction at Creamfields?

The folks at Hammerfest went one of two ways. Those who scowled at us blasting out "Best Power Ballad EVER" albums, and those who sang along. Those who scowled all looked virginal for the record, and so didn't deserve to hear us listening to Patti Smith.

• Paid Members
This misses part of the point for me.

Did you read the debate right from the beginning though?

I did, and then I wanted to share my thoughts on what makes so many metal bands seem cringe worthy and laughable from my point of view.

Too be fair its been a rough few days, so I can't account for how well put my point is.

I've been thinking about Raw/Smackdown and wondered is there any other examples of weekly scripted TV programmes with two or more connected shows? The only one that sticks out for me is Casualty and Holby City. They're set in the same hospital and feature the same collective mass who appear on both shows from time to time and they're canonically linked. Is there any other examples? I thought Brookside and Hollyoaks were, but I'm not sure.

Also, is there any other 3-hour scripted shows which are weekly?

• Paid Members
I've been thinking about Raw/Smackdown and wondered is there any other examples of weekly scripted TV programmes with two or more connected shows? The only one that sticks out for me is Casualty and Holby City. They're set in the same hospital and feature the same collective mass who appear on both shows from time to time and they're canonically linked. Is there any other examples? I thought Brookside and Hollyoaks were, but I'm not sure.

The only link between Brookside and Hollyoaks was the writer behind them, Phil Redmond. For 3 hour weekly shows I'd count Soccer AM and Sunday Brunch.

Frasier and Cheers comes to mind straight away. Ally McBeal / The Practice shared an episode each as they had the same producer and were filmed at the same times.

Frasier and Cheers comes to mind straight away. Ally McBeal / The Practice shared an episode each as they had the same producer and were filmed at the same times.

The example that comes to my mind are the 3 CSI shows, although they only crossed over occasionally. There was also a crossover episode between CSI NY and Cold Case.

• Moderators

So I think what we're saying is that it's generally a bad idea and all the shows that do it are either all terrible, or at best it's only worth watching one of the shows so it's still a bad idea?

Like, there's no point at all in having even a passing interest in SD! now that the brand split is dead...

Archived