Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Because the exact same thing happened to me.

Really. Even after the merge is complete, no contacts will be deleted from the 'old' account.

Messenger is shit. Microsoft is shit. Anyone who works for Microsoft is shit, and probably ginger.

Don't go starting that ginger bollocks on this forum. I'm more than happy to post a photo of my junk to prove my true hair colour. I still have that nice photo that includes your wife's nose and chin too.

Yep. You need Skype now if you still want to chat to your messenger contacts.

That isn't true. Not yet, at least. I can still chat to messenger contacts (well, all two people that still use it), just not on Hotmail webmessenger. Lots of people are boo-hooing on forums today about being forced to switch to Outlook, so I figured it might be related.

Offshoot question: Will my Messenger account be merged with my existing Skype account that's registered to the same email, or will it be a separate account? When I sign into Skype with my usual account, it hasn't added all my Messenger contacts, and I don't want it to. I'm worried if I sign into Skype using my email address and password, it will.

Archived