Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is their a way of streaming say a football match or wrestling or whatever from my laptop to my tv via my xbox? Annoyingly my laptop has no HDMI port so i'm looking for a way around it but most of the stuff out there isnt clear and seems to be about file sharing rather than sharing directly from one screen to another.

It may not have a HDMI port but surely it has a standard monitor output port? All of my flat screen TV's have had monitor ports and that's how I used to connect my PC's and laptops prior to getting one with a HDMI port.

• Paid Members
Is their a way of streaming say a football match or wrestling or whatever from my laptop to my tv via my xbox? Annoyingly my laptop has no HDMI port so i'm looking for a way around it but most of the stuff out there isnt clear and seems to be about file sharing rather than sharing directly from one screen to another.

It may not have a HDMI port but surely it has a standard monitor output port? All of my flat screen TV's have had monitor ports and that's how I used to connect my PC's and laptops prior to getting one with a HDMI port.

The tv itself is modern and has a HDMI and everything but I dont think there's a port on my laptop a dell from about 2008 that I could connect from to the tv.

The laptop will almost definitely have a VGA monitor output port. They were standard before HDMI, and possibly still are (I haven't laid eyes on a new laptop in years).

notebook_vga_port.jpg

The questionable part will be whether the TV has one. Most LCD TVs do, I think, but not all. Mine doesn't. And you'd have to buy a lead if you haven't got one laying around from an old desktop PC. And the sound would still come out of the laptop rather than the TV.

A mate of mine who knows nowt about illegal downloading told me that one of his colleagues has some sort of set up where as soon as a show has aired, it 'just pops up on his PC, the goes straight into a sky box sort of thing, then when he gets home he's just got loads of new show stored ready to watch'.

I pressed a bit more but he didn't really know anything beyond that. Is his mate just grandstanding or do any of you know of a way to facilitate this. Sounds an even more convenient way than how it is now for me using my PS3 and a USB harddrive.

The 360 can stream media from a PC over wireless, so I've always thought there should be a way of doing it - like streaming with VLC and recording to disc, and then on a 30s delay or something, streaming that over to the 360.

On my sister's computer, 888poker has stopped working. When you load up the instant play version on there, the lobby never shows. It's just a plain black box. The stuff around it (box stating your balance, the button to go to the cashier, the adverts for 888's other games etc) are still there. But not the game itself. Other flash games on there are working fine, and they've updated flash to the latest version. The problem isn't with the site or the account either, as I can log into their account fine on my computer. Any ideas?

Has anyone been prescribed/taken Lyrica aka Pregabalin? If so did it have any adverse effects on you?

I've been given them to help with trouble I'm having with neuropathic/nociceptive problems with my body and they're making me feel worse.

On Hotmail, my messenger contacts have all vanished. They're still there on the tablet MSN client and on Windows Live Messenger, but not on Hotmail messenger. When I do talk to a friend on there, it says they're not a contact and there's a link to add them, which doesn't seem to do anything. Is this to do with the move to Skype and Outlook?

Archived