Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Cheers man. However, I don't like the sound of this message which pops up on the install wizard -

"It is necessary to inform you that avast! Free Antivirus does collect some information from your computer, including some personal information.

However, we promise that we will never use this information to target you specifically, or transfer any of your personal data to third parties. That is, we will only use collected data in an aggregated form that doesn't identify anyone."

I'm not sure I want any data collected, no matter what they "promise" not to do with it. Hmm.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure we've talked about this before, but the accumulated effect of about 10 years of shit mp3s, shit mp3 players, cheap headphones and latterly mobile phone speakers, means that there's a whole generation of kids whose perception of what music should sound like has changed. Their ears are used to really low quality.

I was joking about this with somebody, suggesting that some producers have returned to a Phil Spector-esque Wall of Sound because that's what sounds best when coming out of a mobile phone speaker. I didn't realise it was an actual thing!

Cheers man. However, I don't like the sound of this message which pops up on the install wizard -

"It is necessary to inform you that avast! Free Antivirus does collect some information from your computer, including some personal information.

However, we promise that we will never use this information to target you specifically, or transfer any of your personal data to third parties. That is, we will only use collected data in an aggregated form that doesn't identify anyone."

I'm not sure I want any data collected, no matter what they "promise" not to do with it. Hmm.

I've never had a problem with this: http://free.avg.com/gb-en/homepage.tpl-crp

A friend of mine gave me a walk through of how to completely remove any existing anti virus software from my system and set up the built in Windows Defender. I had no idea that such a thing existed. It switched on, updated itself, performed a scan and is now saying my system has protected status. Apparently it auto-updates and is the only system protection you need with Windows 8.

Try control panel then.... back up and restore then.... click Create a system image .....then choose on one or more DVDs..... click next and then follow instructions .... It will take 2 or 3 dvds to create a system image that you can then use to reinstall your OS .

That's a copy and paste job from me googling it, but it sounds right.

There is a song out there that features the lyric "space cowboy" I can only find a Steve Mller song. It was a song which received a lot of airplay in the nineties, even though I don't think it was from that decade. It features whistling and lyrcs like - "I'm a something, I'm a something, I'm a something something." Please help me. My description of said song is shite. I fully understand that.

You two lovely men. Thank you very VERY much. That's been pissing me off all afternoon. I don't atually think it was on the radio all the time, I think it was just my mother constantly had it on the stereo. DYNAMITE TUNE.

The reason I didn't think it was Steve Miller at first is because the version I listened to was a weird remxed version of it. Did not recognise it at all! Cheers again

He's also done a song CALLED SPACE COWBOY, that's where I went wrong. Confusing.!

You two lovely men. Thank you very VERY much. That's been pissing me off all afternoon. I don't atually think it was on the radio all the time, I think it was just my mother constantly had it on the stereo. DYNAMITE TUNE.

The reason I didn't think it was Steve Miller at first is because the version I listened to was a weird remxed version of it. Did not recognise it at all! Cheers again

He's also done a song CALLED SPACE COWBOY, that's where I went wrong. Confusing.!

This could be the weird remix by fatboy slim:

This could be the weird remix by fatboy slim:

Nah man, It was Wlliam Shatner singing Space Cowboy, another Steve Mller track.

• Paid Members

Is their a way of streaming say a football match or wrestling or whatever from my laptop to my tv via my xbox? Annoyingly my laptop has no HDMI port so i'm looking for a way around it but most of the stuff out there isnt clear and seems to be about file sharing rather than sharing directly from one screen to another.

Is their a way of streaming say a football match or wrestling or whatever from my laptop to my tv via my xbox? Annoyingly my laptop has no HDMI port so i'm looking for a way around it but most of the stuff out there isnt clear and seems to be about file sharing rather than sharing directly from one screen to another.

If you're using Win7: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/apps/windows...x-360-windows-7

If not, search xbox extender *your OS*

Media Centre can stream any videos or music you've downloaded, but there's no way to run live streams being watched on a browser from your PC to your TV via the Xbox. So you could download the football match/wrestling/whatever after the fact and do it.

Archived