Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Recently purchased a second hand laptop. Everything is cool with it except I have 2 pixels that show up when there is red on the screen. Am I right in thinking that if they were dead pixels they would show up regardless of what is on the screen? If so, does this mean that this is fixable? I've Googled it but all I'm getting are shit videos off youtube, and tutorials on rubbing them with a cloth whilst applying a bit of pressure. I've tried that but it didn't work (not surprisingly). Any help here appreciated. It's not a big issue but things like this bug me.

I know no one has replied to this, but a bit more info might assist someone in being able to offer help or advice.

I've just tried numerous colour backgrounds to see which colours the pixels appear on. Anything red, orange or pink I have 1 black pixel and 1 white pixel. However, on a green background the pixels change. The black becomes white and the white becomes black.

I'm literally after a simple answer. Can they be fixed, and if so, how. If not then no problem, I'll just live with it.

• Paid Members

Any body ever been to Poland?

I'm getting married this year, and with that comes the stag doo. My best man has suggested Poland as it cheap as chips, (apparently), and it would only be a small group going so nothing over the top.

For some reason every time i think of Poland, I imagine a derelict wasteland, although I'm not sure why.

Any body ever been to Poland?

I'm getting married this year, and with that comes the stag doo. My best man has suggested Poland as it cheap as chips, (apparently), and it would only be a small group going so nothing over the top.

For some reason every time i think of Poland, I imagine a derelict wasteland, although I'm not sure why.

I went over for my brother's wedding a couple of years ago. I couldn't really tell you what it's like for a stag do, but I can confirm accommodation, food and beer are all about as cheap as you'll find in a European city these days (though I'm sure there are some exceptions!).

It's by no means a wasteland, though there are large amounts of nothing between the towns and cities. We stayed in Wroclaw for a few nights, which is probably comparable to Sheffield or maybe Leeds in terms of size and layout (if that's any use), and has shit loads of bars, clubs, hotels etc. Although I haven't been to any other cities yet, I can imagine they're all broadly similar.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

I have by mistake dropped my seagate 2tb external hardrive and now it just beeps light comes on, do you think its likely Il be able to recover my data ? Please

If you're having to ask on a forum, then probably not. Not unless you know someone with a good techy knowledge or have somewhere local to take it into (at the risk that they may not have success).

I have by mistake dropped my seagate 2tb external hardrive and now it just beeps and light comes on, do you think its likely Il be able to recover my data ? Please

Did you drop it on your head? A lot of data seems to be missing from that, although I doubt a light still comes on.

• Paid Members
I am gutted to say the least all jokes aside, does anyone know if pc world are any good at data recovery and what they charge ?

From what I've read, the charge is 50 counts of making indecent pseudo-photographs of children under the age of 16 years, contrary to section one of the Child Protection Act 1978.

Archived