Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe too difficult to answer but is there any place online that would let you know the combined home attendance of all the current premiership teams home fixtures since their club began regardless of old/new arena/administration?

Are the average attendances any good? This site has pretty much all of them

Click on the team you want to view and has a break down, season on season.

• Paid Members

We're going to Newcastle for my mates stag do next month and it's all kicking off on Facebook at the moment between people who know the area saying we've got to dress smart casual (with shoes) and those who are refusing to not wear jeans and trainers.

I figure there must be loads of places in Newcastle that don't have a dresscode and that this could be a good place to ask?

Nowhere that's worth drinking in will have a dresscode but I avoid the trendy/city-centre style places at all costs so I don't know about them. They're mostly full of cunts dressed like Geordie Shore though, so I can't imagine that there'd be much of a code. Unfortunately if you're on a stag do that's probably where you'll end up.

• Paid Members

This is all most perturbing for me as it's a guy I know through the hardcore scene. It turns out he's also well into his football though and from what I can tell there's only one or two other guys in the stag party I know from gigs so I'm assuming the rest are all his football mates. Ah well, I'll just have to make the most of it!

If you could recommend any of these places that are worth drinking in, I imagine at least a few of us will appreciate it!

My favourite spot is the Ouseburn, which is 5-10 minutes outside the city centre, where there's a handful of decent 'proper' pubs including the Free Trade Inn which is pretty scruffy but has an amazing view of the city straight down the river. Would probably be a good spot to check out if you're out during the day but might not be ideal for the night.

If you are in the centre there's the rock bar Trillian's round the back of the main shopping street, The Bacchus is round the corner from the Theatre Royal and a Brewdog pub is further down from there. Round by Central Station, The Telegraph and The Head of Steam are spot on and then there's The Forth, The City Wall and Tilleys close by too. The Head of Steam does a decent Punk/Ska night every month too, usually the 3rd Friday of the month. Sadly the decent pubs are vastly outnumbered by the shit.

I've had a torrent open in uTorrent for the past week or so, and it's been downloading at a decent speed. However, I haven't looked at it for a few days and now it's stopped at 85% and turned red. How can I fix this?

I'm guessing that there are no seeders left, there wouldn't be much you could do because the rest of the file just isn't there to be downloaded.

Righto.

I was in California a few years ago and seen quite a few medicinial muarijuana doctors open for business.

For a laugh i was going to go into one of them and get my medicinal muarijuana but a mate who i was with stopped me and said if i ever worked for a American company that they can check their records and i will show up on it.

Turns out i did end up working for a company based in california, if i had got my license could it have fucked it for me?

• Paid Members
Righto.

I was in California a few years ago and seen quite a few medicinial muarijuana doctors open for business.

For a laugh i was going to go into one of them and get my medicinal muarijuana but a mate who i was with stopped me and said if i ever worked for a American company that they can check their records and i will show up on it.

Turns out i did end up working for a company based in california, if i had got my license could it have fucked it for me?

Short answer, no. As it's legal with a prescription/license it's the same as UK company punishing you for legally having prescribed medicines.

• Paid Members

Do you have your accommodation booked? I didn't and found it a right fucking ball ache.

If your driving around then good luck. Nearly knocked off about 20 cyclist and clipped about 5 cars during the day.

If you do spend 50 Euros.... Don't open the blinds afterwards to show your mates. Took a right hand straight to teeth off the lass.

• Paid Members
Do you have your accommodation booked? I didn't and found it a right fucking ball ache.

If your driving around then good luck. Nearly knocked off about 20 cyclist and clipped about 5 cars during the day.

If you do spend 50 Euros.... Don't open the blinds afterwards to show your mates. Took a right hand straight to teeth off the lass.

It is booked and I'll not be driving any where. I'll look to get an all cover public travel pass, like when I went to London and Paris.

Archived