Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can't access my hotmail account (someone else might be using it they say) but to verify it, it's asking me things like my postcode, old passwords, other people I've emailed and the last four numbers and expire date on my card. Something feels a tad a miss here.

Ā 

EDIT: More

Ā 

Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

Ā 

We have taken the additional step of blocking your account until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account, and protect you from any possible malicious activity.

Ā 

Helpful tips for filling out another form:

Ā 

Answer as many questions as you can.

Use the information you provided when you created the account, or last updated it.

Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.

You will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from family members, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails they sent you.

Make sure to use the correct domain for your account, such as hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com. Keep in mind that your email address may be country specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be ā€œhotmail.co.seā€ rather than ā€œhotmail.comā€.

Ā 

Am I getting roped into some sort of identity theft, or conspiracy filled paranoia on my part.

• Paid Members

How long should encoding a DVD take? DVD Flick has been running for four and a half hours and still isn't finished. This seems excessive. According to the program it has encoded the video and has currently encoded 45% of the audio. After it's done with the audio it has another four tasks listed (Combine sources, Add Subtitles, Author DVD and Finalize).

How long should encoding a DVD take? DVD Flick has been running for four and a half hours and still isn't finished. This seems excessive. According to the program it has encoded the video and has currently encoded 45% of the audio. After it's done with the audio it has another four tasks listed (Combine sources, Add Subtitles, Author DVD and Finalize).

Ā 

Is it freeware? I had to burn an image to DVD at work the other day. It was a 1.4GB file and took around 15 minutes using command line on RedHat linux. Write performance shouldn't be affected by your OS anyway, so it must be poopy software. Try this piece of shizz.

Ā 

• Paid Members
Nah, it's for real. Someone's hacked it and used it for spam.

I'm getting the same thing with Yahoo! Mail. Changed the passwords multiple times, yet they still keep on getting in. Yahoo! Mail has a nice little feature, top right corner, that tells you what IP people are using to access your account. I'm getting a ton of hackers from Japan for some reason. What they do is access your account and send their spam to everybody in your address book. It's rather annoying. Some crafty fucker posted on my Facebook too.

• Paid Members

This could maybe warrant it's own thread, but I'll ask in here anyways.

Ā 

I'm looking to see if anyone has had experience taking someone to small claims court.

Ā 

The story is, back in June/July time we booked o go on a special chartered train to Wales and Belgium for the Scotland matches this past October via a company called Munro Bagger. It looks like it is run by a single person, John Tannock. They had a website www.munro-bagger.com and E Mail contact. Both of these now no longer exist. Their mobile contact number on the website is never answered. I once got through on the landline number which appeared to be a home phone number.

Ā 

First payment of 50% was due on day of booking. The second 50% to be paid 60 days before departure date. Everything was paid up by these dates.

Archived