Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

KENTA vs. Low Ki was fucking aces. Babyface Low Ki is one of the best wrestlers in the world and so is KENTA.

I prefer Low-Ki as a heel, when he seems to enjoy beating people up, his match against Tyler Black in IWA MS being a perfect example.

KENTA vs. Low Ki was fucking aces. Babyface Low Ki is one of the best wrestlers in the world and so is KENTA.

I prefer Low-Ki as a heel, when he seems to enjoy beating people up, his match against Tyler Black in IWA MS being a perfect example.
I haven't seen that match but all of Low Ki's best matches are with Ki as a babyface, he is a good heel a just beating the fuck out of people but he's so good in the ring when he's a babyface.

• Paid Members

I'm still waiting for Arena Warfare :(*taps fingers on desk*

Next up- the 'Mania weekend triumvirate of shows~!

You're missing 'Best in the World' there - the NYC show on March 25 featuring KENTA and Marufuji.

I'd love to see Cage do something with Colt Cabana actually. If it's a one time deal, and it's unlikely he'll take on a ROH guy who is also working TNA, I think Cabana is the man to go with. Would make for a good match, and should make for some good comedy too.

I wouldn't work, isn't Cabana currently in the middle of a feud with Homicide where he's ultra serious? I think It'll end up being Christian Vs Danielson in some sort of inter-promotional title match but somebody will run in at the end and ruin it, like CZW or something. Preventing both champs from doing the job and looking bad.

Click to Show/Hide

Well, between us we weren't far off in the end

• Paid Members

Credit: http://ROHEurope.com

Inman Sports ClubMay 13, 2005- 8:00 pm belltime (?)990 Inman AvenueEdison, NJ 08820Pretty full attendance - Seemed like a little less than 4YA, but wasn't really sure. It looked like they had more seats set up and there were fewer people standing. EDIT: Seems like a big crowd - two sides have ten rows of seats, and the other two sides have seven rows of seats. Pre-Show MatchesBobby Dempsey d. Rhett TitusDempsey wins with a death valley driverTop of the Class Trophy: Derrick Dempsey d. Shane HagadornDempsey wins with a spinebuster.MAIN SHOWColt Cabana d. KikitaroCabana wins via powerbomb. Said to be a really fun match and a good opener. Lots of comedy.Homicide & Ricky Reyes d. Dunn & MarcosHomicide and Reyes win after 7 minutes when Reyes made Marcos tap to the Dragon SleeperAdam Pearce is out, appealing to Homicide to join Team ROH. He says CZW has been kicking their ass and 'Cide has been a part of ROH since day one. Pearce says 'Cide needs to make a decision tonight and what he wants his legacy in ROH to be. 'Cide threw down the mic and left.Jimmy Rave d. Jimmy YangRave wins via Greetings from Ghana in about 12 minutes. Yang went up for Yang Time, but Daizee got on the apron and knocked him down, allowing Rave to hit Greetings from Ghana... Daizee also interfered earlier in the match and apparently hit a sweet inverted DDT out of a tilt-a-whirl set-up. HUGE TP shower for Rave - way more than last night, apparently. Good match.Post-match, Yang got on the mic and said some stuff (not sure what - probably the usual thanks) and then called out Bruce Leroy, who came out of the crowd to join him in the ring. Yang then challenged Rave & Nana to a tag match with he and Leroy on 6/17 in NYC. Leroy got on the mic and challenged Nana. No response from the Embassy.Nigel's out for a promo. Shelley's not wrestling, so Nigel issues an open challenge to any champion, past or present. Enter: JAY LETHAL. I could hear the crowd going nuts for that.ROH Pure Title: Nigel McGuinness © d. Jay LethalMcGuinness wins in about 15 minutes after two Towers of London. Really good match, Greg said. Crowd was way behind Lethal as a face, who did his total face act.They announced a return on 8/5 with KENTA.Dragon/Delirious starts with Danielson cutting a promo where he calls Delirious stupid and says he doesn't deserve a title shot. Says Nigel doesn't deserve a title shot, either. Then he slammed the fans for wanting to see christian and called everyone in the locker room retards - singling out Samoa Joe, Daniels, and Delirious. He offers Delirious one last chance to leave and go home. Delirious wasn't moving through this whole spiel; Dragon mocks the crowd some more. Then Delirious got up and took the mic - he cuts his usual charmingly incomprehensible promo, the gist of which is that he's gonna win the title and kick Dragon's ass. Crowd was WAY behind Delirious.ROH World Title: Bryan Danielson © d. DeliriousDanielson wins in 25 minutes with a small package. Delirious got out of the crossface chickenwing and out of cattle mutilation twice. He even escaped the elbows to the head MMA finish. He almost got Danielson to tap with his crossface cobra clutch. He was making a big comeback at the end when Danielson got the small package on Delirious coming off the ropes. Awesome match.INTERMISSIONChristopher Daniels d. Matt SydalDaniels wins in 16 minutes with a roll-up counter when Sydal went for the Angel's Wings. Really good match. Post-match, Daniels got on the mic and put Sydal over, wished him luck in Japan, and asked him if he'd please stop challenging Daniels to matches. Sydal said maybe one more after he got back from Japan.ROH Tag Titles: Austin Aries & Roderick Strong © d. Jay & Mark BriscoeAries and Strong win in 20 minutes. Finish was a little complicated - Jay hit Roderick with the spike Jay-driller and went for the cover; at the same time, Aries rolled up Mark for the cover. So it was a double-pin situation, but since Aries and Mark were the legal men, that was the pin that counted. Definitely looks like they're setting up a rematch. Great match - all action and the crowd was really hot for the finish.Samoa Joe NC (?) Necro ButcherThe whole thing went around 25-30 minutes, Necro came out through the crowd and knocked out Cruse... Then Joe came out. Necro KO'd the ROH ref (Kehner) and Joe KO'd the CZW ref (Remsberg). They fought around the ring for like five minutes and then Hero came out and they beat on Joe two on one. Claudio came out with a chair and nailed Joe. Then Pearce and Whitmer came out and they brawled all over the arena for like 10 minutes. The students carried out Joe. It was Hero/Necro/Claudio vs. Pearce/Whitmer and they teased a bunch of table spots (like powerbombing Hero from the apron through a table on the outside) The CZW guys went to superplex Whitmer through a table with Pearce on it and everything went dark and Homicide's music hit. Place went NUTS. 'Cide teased siding with CZW, then started beating the crap out of Hero. 'Cide, Pearce, Whitmer, and the students drove out Hero and Claudio and brawled with them to the back, which led to:Homicide d. Necro ButcherThis was a a crazy brawl that went about 10-15 minutes. Sinclair came out and rang the bell, so this was an official match. They brawled around the ringside area for a while, then 'Cide told the fans to help him out. The threw a TON of chairs into the ring - Greg estimated at least 50% of the chairs were in there. Necro was laying on the mat, BURIED under chairs. 'Cide went back in and gave Necro a piledriver - kickout. Necro gave 'Cide a tiger driver - kickout. Then 'Cide suplexed necro off apron onto a bunch of chairs on the floor. He rolled him back in ring - Necro kicks out. He gave him a splash (I think) - kickout. Then 'Cide nailed him with a lariat for the win... Post-match, 'Cide said Necro can come back to Ring of Homicide anytime he wants.That's all, folks. BIG THANKS to Lurker Greg for the awesome results.

• Paid Members

I got the 4th Anniversary show and Arena Warfare the other day and didn't paticularly like either show very much.The CZW angles were the best things on both shows and smoking fucking hot.The only matches I really enjoyed and would rewatch are Homicide/Cabana, Danielson/Rave and Danielson/Shelley which were all amazing.These DVDs pretty much reminded me of why I stopped watching ROH 18 months ago. While alot of people really enjoy their product, it just doesn't work for me. The pitch black crowds, the commentary, the personalities (or lack thereof in a large number of cases) of the wrestlers, the trampoline ring, the promotion as a whole feels so....soulless. There are things I really like in there. Danielson's work and The Rottwielers in paticular but most of the mid and lowercard wrestlers don't do it for me. I'll definitely buy the shows with the CZW brawls on them but I doubt I'll ever be a full-time ROH watcher.

Edited by LaGoosh

I got the 4th Anniversary show and Arena Warfare the other day and didn't paticularly like either show very much.The CZW angles were the best things on both shows and smoking fucking hot.The only matches I really enjoyed and would rewatch are Homicide/Cabana, Danielson/Rave and Danielson/Shelley which were all amazing.These DVDs pretty much reminded me of why I stopped watching ROH 18 months ago. While alot of people really enjoy their product, it just doesn't work for me. The pitch black crowds, the commentary, the personalities (or lack thereof in a large number of cases) of the wrestlers, the trampoline ring, the promotion as a whole feels so....soulless. There are things I really like in there. Danielson's work and The Rottwielers in paticular but most of the mid and lowercard wrestlers don't do it for me. I'll definitely buy the shows with the CZW brawls on them but I doubt I'll ever be a full-time ROH watcher.

Arena Warfare was really poor from match by match point of view, but the World Title match was fantatsic and the CZW storyline is very engaging indeed.Fourth Anniversary was a mixed bag. Rave Vs Danielson was superb, the main event was very good indeed, Cabana Vs Homicide was excellent. The rest of the show was poor to average. And I love the dark crowd! Makes the shows look so much more professional when you can

• Paid Members

If ROH want to look proffessional they shouldn't start their DVDs off with Christopher Daniels talking bollocks in a seemingly endless car journey to the ECW arena. Seriously, that was probably one of the most cringe-worthy promos ever. It was obvious Daniels was just stalling and talking out of his arse because they didn't think there would be so many stops and traffic on the way to the arena. And they definitely shouldn't finish shows off with "To Be Continued..." on the screen.On a positive note though, the music videos on the 4YA were excellent.

• Paid Members

The 'To Be Continued...' thing is a gimmick for the Milestone Series of shows, from 4th anniversary to the 100th show. The idea being the series of shows is greater than the sum of it's parts.Speaking of the shows, I watched Arena Warfare today.Danielson vs Shelley is awesome, I think I disagree with the majority and prefer it to the Rave match. Watching Danielson work the ECW Arena crowd is like magic. I enjoyed Aries vs Sydal quite a lot, too. The rest of the show wasn't up to ROH's recent standards in general, but it was fun just for the atmosphere. The whole CZW thing disappointed me a little bit, but I'm blaming that on the fact I'd already watched bits on the recap videos at ROHvideos.com'Best in the World' and 'Dragon Gate Challenge Series' have just been released on DVD, so I'll be after them soon, but the current sale is buy three, get one free and I'm otherwise up to date, so I might wait for a little bit. I've got other stuff to watch, anyway.

• Paid Members

Best in the World was standard ROH fare. Nothing glaringly bad, logical storylines and plenty of sound in-ring action.

There weren't any notable storyline events, as such, other than Bryan Danielson dropping the pin in the tag main event between he and Joe against NOAH's Marufuji and KENTA (who pinned AmDrag in a great match that somehow felt disappointing consider who was involved). I'd peg the match at ****.

The opening matches involving Jimmy Rave were nothing special, and only served as an opportunity to get that great visual of Rave and Nana being pelted by a barrage of bog rolls.

Elsewhere, the SHIMMER four corners was refreshingly good. For someone that sits through WWE diva matches on a weekly basis, watching women who don't stumble through spot after spot is nice to see. At least this match gave me the motivation to check out the two SHIMMER DVDs sitting on my 'to watch' pile.

Daniels vs. Shelley and Briscoes vs. Evans and Strong were also fine outings, though really, this DVD was more of an appetiser for the 'Mania weekend triple bill. Speaking of which, I'll have Dragon Gate Challenge Series tomorrow, and I can't wait to check it out.

Has Davey Richards debuted yet?

He suffered an injury which pushed his debut back to the June 3rd show. He’ll be taking on Jimmy Rave, who is currently fucking awesome and owns you. Richards has been hyped to me as “my kind of wrestler” so I’m expecting a lot.