Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The wrestling is so much better though.

Depends what you prefer. The guys who are on every ROH show beat the guys who are on every PWG show hands down. ROH is also better at getting a “promotion” feel to their product, with the more professional looking shows, better linking storylines, etc. Also, they don’t book Kevin Steen.

Joe/Dragon/KENTA is non-title I believe.

Yeah, ROH didn’t want to put the title up in a situation where the champion could lose the belt without being pinned.Who do we think will be the last KENTA match? I think KENTA/Joe would probably make the most money, but with increased NOAH participation in ROH they could maybe hold off for a while and give KENTA a World Title shot instead.

You're a starnge one Lantern, but i do value your opinion and enjoy your reviews.

Uhhh, thanks. I think.

I think in all actuality, Jack Evans is probably not human.

I have my suspicions. This move looked like instant death, I

I've been watching Steel Cage Warfare, Final Battle 2005 and Tag Wars these last couple of days. I'm on the main-event of Tag Wars now and it's one of those excellent ROH shows, so much fun from start to finish and I've still got the main-event to come.KENTA vs. Low Ki was fucking aces. Babyface Low Ki is one of the best wrestlers in the world and so is KENTA. I really enjoyed Danielson vs. Mmarufuji too.

• Paid Members

Caught Arena Warfare last night followed by CZW's When 2 Worlds Collide this morning.I know it's ROH policy to darken arenas for their live events, but it really detracted from the company's first show in the old bingo hall. It didn't affect the atmosphere, though, and the crowd was buzzing all night.Danielson is the best worker of 2006 thus far, in my opinion, and he strengthened his chances of winning Wrestler of the Year awards with a typically excellent display against Alex Shelley. Danielson's personality and mic work is far better than it was in ROH's infancy, thanks in no small part, no doubt, to extensive touring here in old Blighty.If Danielson is best worker of 2006, then the ROH vs. CZW issue wins my vote for feud of the year thus far. The interpromotional segments were red-hot, with genuine heat and fiery brawling (with a few too many soft forearms to backs for my liking, but that's just me being picky) and the main event, its result and post-match angle played perfectly into this absorbing storyline.Elsewhere, Matt Sydal and Austin Aries wowed the crowd with a terrific sprint, as did the four teams in the opening tag scramble. I'd peg the show as being slightly below Fourth Anniversary, but it was still great viewing all the same.For storyline continuity, I didn't watch When 2 Worlds Collide until Arena Warfare turned up. The CZW show was, as expected, inferior to the ROH event that preceded it. However, the Combat Zone crew turned it up, compared to the January and February shows, likely due to the bigger than average crowd.The opening six-man and El Generico vs. Justice Pain were perfectly acceptable outings, with some of the spots in both bouts (especially El Gen's awesome tope from one side of the ring to the other) causing even this here jaded jaw to drop in amazement.Gage vs. Havoc vs. Hyde in a glass pane match and the six-way ladder match were a joy for fans of crazy highspots, and admittedly, I did enjoy moments from both matches. The main event was interesting. Generation Next fought Ruckus, Eddie Kingston and Necro Butcher in a six-man outing. Gen Next dominated most of the match, with Ruckus on much of the receiving end. In light of the main event finish from Arena Warfare, I did expect the ROH boys to go over. However, Gen Next's dominance over Ruckus was followed by further domination leading to a convincing win which meant the match was little short of an extended squash. Needless to say, CZW fans weren't singing when the ROHbot contingent in the crowd went into 'ROH! ROH!' chant mode. I thought the match would be more competitive than it was, but I guess that's the price CZW had to pay for the Arena Warfare ending.Next up- the 'Mania weekend triumvirate of shows~!