Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

I was a little underwhelmed. The crowd was flat, no title changes and very little buzz going in obviously hurt......plus I really wanted Will Ospraey to pull off an upset - and I thought it was going to happen as no other titles changed hands earlier in the show! Also, the rest of the card seemed pretty thin as they put all of the Bullet Club in 1 match.

On the flip side......some good matches, Trent Barreta looked awesome, no duds, plus both main events were great. Im happy they are finally going to put Matt Taven in the main event picture.

45 minutes ago, pol_pot_rick said:

Ok, was the place even close to full? No. But your photo is from the dark match!

But the lack of a good attendance is more down to lack of promotion and cramming all of BC and Chaos into 1 match! Felt like a house show for most of the night.

It was mostly dull in the early going but the last hour was decent. This IS probably their least important PPV of the year though, no? I'm not really sure why they run Vegas. Most of the peeps in the tiers were probably papered. The TV tapings aren't gonna look good.

• 2 weeks later...

So ROH Glory By Honor is live on HonorClub tomorrow night. Finish work, head to the pub, get home around midnight and watch some live wrestling - then sleep in on Saturday! Perfect! Unfortunately the card is hardly inspiring!

Jay Lethal v Silas Young

Bullet Club v SCU

Marty Scurll v Shane Helms

Shane Taylor v Hangman Page

The Briscoes v The Bouncers

Bully Ray v Jonathan Grasham

Jeff Cobb v Eli Isom

Flip Gordon and Kenny King v The Kingdom

Sumie Sakai & Britt Baker v Jenny Rose & Stella Grey

• 4 weeks later...

I think so, I'm not sold on Taven at all, in fact for me he's the shits but he seems to be getting a decent push like.

ROH has been quite poor in general lately, they need an influx of talent at the top of the card, is Hangman heading to NXT? If not get him elevated, Cobb has the TV belt currently but I see his ceiling a lot higher. They should have got Killer Kross before he went to TNA. Flip Gordon should get a boost from this Bully Ray angle, make he seem a bit more of a serious contender but is he really a main event world title guy?

• 3 weeks later...

Final Battle looks awesome. So many of these could steal the show.

Ring of Honor Final Battle pay-per-view, December 14

-Jay Lethal vs. Cody for the ROH Championship.

-Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky vs. The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes in a Ladder War for the ROH Tag Titles.

-Jeff Cobb vs. Adam Page for the ROH TV Title.

-Sumie Sakai vs. Madison Rayne vs. Karen Q vs. Kelly Klein in a four corner survival match for the Women of Honor Championship.

-Matt Taven vs. Dalton Castle for Taven’s “real world title”.

-Jonathan Gresham vs. Zack Sabre. Jr.

-Bully Ray vs. Flip Gordon in an I Quit match.

-Marty Scurll vs. Christopher Daniels for Scurll’s shot at the ROH Championship.

Much improved card that. Usually, these shows fall on their arses without any help from the New Japan lot, but this looks like it could be really good. I like the sounds of Gresham/ZSJ and Cobb/Page.

Though could they not find any more interesting challengers than Cody?That seems like a proper anti-climax of a main event, and I feel though I've already seen that exact Ladder Wars match fairly recently.