Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

I don't have time to watch the 3 hour shows they put on most weekends unless it's a PPV but I really enjoy watching the weekly TV product. It's nothing like any of the other wrestling shows and it's arguably quite removed from what they are building to because it's taped a fair bit in advance but it's just a lot of fun with good to great matches. I'm always a few weeks behind but that doesn't seem to matter and I like watching a few eps together.

Those recent ROH shows in the UK looked terribly attended Doncaster especially and Edinburgh looked to be in a tiny venue. Couldn't tell what York hall was like. Was this the case or am I only seeing preshow photos? 

Perhaps with everything else going on in UK wrestling it wasn't the best time to cram in more ROH shows after the others a few months back

46 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Those recent ROH shows in the UK looked terribly attended Doncaster especially and Edinburgh looked to be in a tiny venue. Couldn't tell what York hall was like. Was this the case or am I only seeing preshow photos? 

Perhaps with everything else going on in UK wrestling it wasn't the best time to cram in more ROH shows after the others a few months back

Probably right. Crystal Palace had a great crowd in the spring.

I also think the international cup wasn't a draw and no NJPW talent didn't help either. Plus they returned to the same 3 cities as let time.

Hopefully lessons learnt.

I looked at going but it seemed like it was their most expensive show yet. £40 for the cheapest ticket on the floor at York Hall, I think. And they hadn't announced many matches either, so it felt like you'd be paying top dollar for a hastily slung together, mostly meaningless card. I couldn't make it to Crystal Palace either but I think they did a good job of making that, and shows on the previous tour, feel like they were important.

Edinburgh shows are at corn exchange that sits 1000ish. Long and slim room so you miss most of the crowd that are actually under the hard cam that is up on the balcony 

Doncaster Dome was roughly half-full, maybe around 400 people there. I used to go there regularly for 1PW when they were a thing and they never had an attendance that low in the Dome.

You wouldn’t know it from the wrestling though, I thought it was a much better show this time than the Doncaster leg of the tour earlier in the year.

I think the issue with the recent UK shows was they ran the exact same three venues only a few months before. I was at the Doncaster show earlier in the year and it was rammed. I think it was around £70 for the second row seats we had, no way was I going to pay that again three months later to get what was likely to be a similar group of wrestlers. If it had been a year later with a different batch of guys I think it would have been a different story tickets-wise.

• 4 weeks later...

So ROH back on PPV / HonorClub on Friday with the Death Before Dishonor PPV - talk about a quiet build! Jay Lethal v Will Ospreay and Bullet Club v Chaos really are the only 2 stand out matches.....thoughts?

On 9/27/2018 at 10:07 AM, kidzero said:

It's not a bad card Lethal vs Ospreay will be good... punishment vs sabin could be alright and the tables match with the main dude Silas Young could be good fun.. And the briscoes vs kaz and Daniels should a Barn burner 

True. But the lack of hype speaks volumes. Nobody is talking about this show

Death Before Dishonor was wasn't bad and it was good to see Jeff Cobb getting in the mix for the TV title and hopefully we're getting Lethal vs taven at final battle..  I was hoping to see Tenille dashwood win the title tonight but they could be saving that for a bigger show... But all in all a fun show tonight I thought