Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

16 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

DbOpJcyVQAAetd7.jpg:large

So ROH have released a photo of the first talent announced for the UK tour.

Apologies, I am not overly familiar with the current product. I recognise Jay Lethal, Bully Ray, Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes and Matt Taven.
Who are they others?

Back row you've got: Shane Taylor, Punishment Martinez, Hangman Page, Bully Ray, The Kingdom (led by Matt Taven)

At the front: Jay Lethal, Young Bucks, Cody and Kenny King.

Such an underwhelming first announcement, fucking hell.

2 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Back row you've got: Shane Taylor, Punishment Martinez, Hangman Page, Bully Ray, The Kingdom (led by Matt Taven)

At the front: Jay Lethal, Young Bucks, Cody and Kenny King.

Such an underwhelming first announcement, fucking hell.

That’s basically their roster though minus the Briscoes, MCMG and Daniels and Kaz

I’m sure Dalton Castle will headline Vs. Marty Scurll

Yeah they've said there will be more announcements of the lineup later this week featuring Champions, Women of Honor and New Japan stars.

I guess that will be tonight or tomorrow 

EDIT: just announced Hiroshi Tanahashi, Toru Yano and New Japan Tag Champs Evil and Sanada will be on the tour

Edited by MVP RULZ
New Japan Stars announced

I've started watching ROH TV again for the first time in about 3 years as well as whatever big matches I can from the last couple of weeks (Supercard and Masters Of The Craft). I was really hoping it would still be shit but I have to be honest, I've been enjoying it immensely.

Cody looks to have improved dramatically and is nowhere near as boring as I'd heard he was. Punishment Martinez looks like a star. Some interesting fat guys on the roster. The TV still feels a little inconsequential and seems to suffer from a similar taping schedule to Impact, although not quite as bad but for now while I reaquaint with the talent it's fine. The womens division is really fucking weird though. There's so much out there but they seem to have picked a real hodgepodge of people, some of whom are REALLY bad. Sumie Sakai seemed like an odd choice of first champ. I'm not fucking watching NJPW so this will be my only exposure to the current crop of Jap guys.

I'm still a little confused as to what I'd get for my 9.99. I'm not sure it's everything, or that there my be too much (house shows that get put up?) so while I can watch the TV show on Fite for free that may be enough along with youtube.

• Paid Members

I like the idea of Sumie Sakai as champion way more than I like it in practice - something that's hurt women's wrestling for years, particularly in WWE, is this tendency to silo it away from its history, which is how you end up with stuff like the "Four Horsewomen" where it's treated as exceptional that there's suddenly a group of female wrestlers that are actually pretty good, or the "Women's Revolution" where WWE want to be celebrated for taking women seriously while not taking responsibility for having not taken them seriously for decades before that.

With Sakai as champion, it feels like a conscious effort to celebrate that women's wrestling has a history, and that the current crop of female wrestlers didn't just spring up out of nowhere. It's a nice touch, with Sakai having been in ROH's first ever women's match, it's a bit of a pat on the back for her, or a lifetime achievement award.

Or it might just be that their division is absolute bobbins.