Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Yeah think I would too. Love me some Ki/London. One thing I'm glad is still the same since I last tuned in is the good work of Silas Young & The Beer City Bruiser. what a class team they make. They beat up Bull Dempsey in a segment for some reason

i could watch a promotion that had just those two, plus Dalton Castle and his boys in it, feuding until the end of time..

Edited by sj5522

• 1 month later...

Watched it Tonight, was a belting show actually, old school story in the main event that worked very well, can only see it being a short title reign though for Daniels.

My match of the night was Lethal/Fish, loved that match.

The Hardy's NOT being Broken was really quite off putting to be honest, it was always at the forefront of my mind when watching the match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

thinking of popping my ROH cherry and watching the Supercard of Honor over the weekend, anyone else plan on watching it? what should i be looking out for? There's literally only a handful of guys on the card i've ever seen wrestle.

That'll be Dalton Castle challenging for the title right? Dalton god damn Castle for a start. So much charisma. Probably my favourite wrestler going even though I only watch him once a month or so.

Marty Scurll's TV title run is very good, he's over as fuck there and will have a good/great match with any fucker, he takes on surely NXT-bound Adam Cole so that should be great

FInally got through Supercard Of Honor, just so much to watch over the last few days. Like SJ55 said, Scurll is doing incredible work with that TV Title, elevating right up alongside the world title, having brilliant matches and really providing great character work. He has that x-factor for me that I can't put a finger on, something special, he has the gimmick nailed down to a tee.

The Bucks/Hardys match was brutal, just insanity, when you factor in the Hardys doing all that on the verge of a WWE comeback, at their age, hats off to them.

The Cody/Lethal bull rope match was a proper throw back, enjoyed that story and really enjoying Cody as a heel in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a bump and sorry if this should be in 'questions' rather than here, but does anyone know how much old ROH DVDs are shifting for these days? The ROH website only lists from 2011 onwards and most of these are older than that, plus they include some sealed copies as well as the PPV collectors' editions. We don't have space for them any more and ideally I'd like a clear idea of what they should be going for before they get flogged (possibly in Classifieds)

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So, the big news seems to be about Sinclair Broadcasting acquiring Tribune Media and what that means for ROH in regards to the regional networks included in this acquisition. I don't think I ever heard either way if WWE's interest in buying ROH was legit or just internet rumour but I've not seen it mentioned around this so just wondered if anyone knows?

So Scurll joined the Bullet Club and then dropped the TV title to Kushida at the following tapings, he had a 6 month deal with ROH which has just expired.  

I'm just gonna assume ROH are just trying to work the internet and Scurll will be World Champ within a few months as he is clearly their top guy at the moment. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was RPW/RoH/NJPW or Lucha. However the first 4 names have been announced for War of the Worlds UK. Atlantis, Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero. Never seen any of them live, and not really sure how good any of them are. I was hoping for Dragon Lee for one of the CMLL guys. I'll likely go to the London date and Summer Sizzler the night before. However knowing RoH they will want shit loads for tickets.