Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

That Naz v Kelly fight was something else! 

How do fans on here think about a fight like this & most of Nigel Benn's fights, when tactics go out the window & it's just a shoot out, were the biggest bomb wins?

This was a VERY exciting, short fight (6 knock downs in 4 rounds) but are the fighters brave or stupid? I think i prefer a more tactical fight with the bombs coming when they arise, rather than both fighters looking for & forcing opportunities :)

I remember staying up watching that Hamed vs Kelly fight with friends. We all thought Naz was unbeatable, then Kelly started putting him on his arse.

Mountevans I loved Benn, he was a brawler with nasty power who could take a real beating and would often rally back to find the win when all seemed lost. Its a style that can lead to ridiculous highs like when he mugged Iran Barkley in one round in Vegas or the McClellan war. It can also lead to getting totally schooled if things go wrong like the Watson and 1st Eubank fight. Its effective if you have the right tools but you won't have a long career with the amount of damage you will take. Personally I love heavy handed brawlers like him who mix it up. Especially when they are world class like Benn or Bobby Chacon. At that level they don't come around that often.

everyone seems to be posting isolation videos, think Parker's is one of the better ones, good work.

Add Fitzgerald to those currently suspended by the BBBofC.

British champion Scott Fitzgerald has had his licence to box suspended after being arrested on suspicion of assaulting a woman.The 28-year-old was arrested on Monday in Preston and bailed until 21 May. The 2014 Commonwealth Games gold medallist confirmed his arrest on Instagram.

The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) has moved to suspend Fitzgerald's licence pending further investigation into the incident. On Monday, the BBBofC suspended the licence of world champion Billy Joe Saunders for releasing a video appearing to advise men how to hit their female partners. Saunders apologised for the video later claiming it had been a joke taken out of context.

Fitzgerald currently holds the British light-middleweight title and was being moved towards a world title shot following impressive wins over Britons Anthony Fowler and Ted Cheeseman. Lancashire Police confirmed a 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault in the Ryelands Crescent area on Monday, with enquiries ongoing.

He'd just got out of rehab and moved down to London. However, it appears as though he returned to Preston on Monday night, which is when the incident with his ex-partner occurred. There are some grim pictures of his ex-partner on Twitter that show the damage the assault caused. 

It really is a sad state of affairs. 

Edited by jimufctna24

Whose your favourite ring announcer?

Doing a bit for an upcoming podcast and was listening to to bits of both Jimmy lennon Jr and Michael Buffer's ring introductions, but who do you prefer? Or is it someone else entirely? I mean, the answers Jimmy Lennon Jr obviously

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Ive warmed to Diamante, might be because he comes off as such a great guy away from the ring. If you get chance listen to him when he guests on podcast, great stories.