Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There isn't a statute of limitations on doping is there?

If it's based on the word of some farmer who claims he was offered a pay-off? I wouldn't imagine we'll see much happen based on that.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Fury even made the supposed payment. So, there's zero evidence of anything.

12 hours ago, David said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think Fury even made the supposed payment.

He apparently didn't. Neither did Hughie.

While the cousins insisted to UK Anti-Doping investigators at the time that they never intentionally cheated, they face remarkable claims from a Lancashire farmer, Martin Carefoot, who alleges that:

He was asked to ‘lie’ by saying he supplied wild boar to the Furys, despite having never done so.

He was promised £25,000 for his help but was never paid.

He signed two witness statements confirming he had been the supplier to Team Fury, which were forwarded to UKAD via lawyers.

Edited by jimufctna24

19 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

He apparently didn't. Neither did Hughie.

If there was evidence of a payment made by Fury or a representative then fair enough, there may be something for authorities to look into. But one mans word when not only has he signed two statements to the contrary, but also doesn't have any record of payment? I don't see anything possibly coming of it.

A half-decent lawyer would get that laughed out of the building.

Well...

People are probably going to shit on this but with the Saunders fight postponed, fuck it. I loved the first two fights and feel like the scoreline doesn’t tell the whole story. I definitely had Golovkin winning one of them, although I forget which now. I’m all for a third fight. The Saunders fight will happen eventually, if the world doesn’t end. And given his track record, he’d have probably ended up pulling out a week before the fight anyway. 

Roger Mayweather has passed away aged 58. 

The cause of death is currently unknown. However, he's been in bad health for years.

Floyds ex wife and the mother of a couple of his kids died last week as well.

19 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

The Saunders fight will happen eventually, if the world doesn’t end. And given his track record, he’d have probably ended up pulling out a week before the fight anyway. 

Isn't it the case that Canelo said he'd fight Saunders first though?

I don’t know. Don’t really care. Couldn’t give a shit about Saunders. Plus Canelo says a lot of things. Like he tested positive for PEDs because he ate dodgy steak. They’re both pricks. I hope GGG chins him this time. 

I think the concern is that Canelo will bypass the Saunders fight altogether. GGG might do something similar with his mandatory challenger - Kamil Szeremeta - who he is rumoured to be fighting in early June. 

If both fights are postponed, which they probably will be, then there is only a small window for them to be rescheduled before they start treading on the toes of the proposed September clash between Canelo and GGG.

From Talksport:

However reports suggest that if the current circumstances extend to prevent this (Canelo vs BJS) from happening in June, then he (Canelo) could just skip the bout and go straight to GGG in September.

lots of promoters are emptying the vaults and sticking loads of old footage and fights on youtube at the moment, some pretty cool stuff going up in great quality: