Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes. Because everyone was naming their hard dog after sprinters before that. 

I was nominated for "Failed Comedian" for a reason, y'know

Didn't see this coming. 

17 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

somehow Tyan Booth went over my head on youtube, who is he exactly?

Booth is an ex-boxer, who used to fight out of the Ingle gym. He's also a comedian. 

He's occasionally gone way too far with shtick, such as his comments about Nick Blackwell, but I have to admit, his roasting of Kugan Cassius and Carl Froch is hilarious.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Has he been slagging off Michelle Joy Phelps again recently. Because I saw this the other day and the first thing I thought was ‘I bet Tyan Booth’s been at it again’. If it is about this then he’s definitely crossed a line. 

226B5C4A-6B1A-40A6-9786-1611F6EDFBAA.jpeg

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I don't think he has made light of her being sexually abused growing up. I think that was random dickheads on Twitter. 

I don’t know. I only ever caught bits and pieces of his videos but I could swear he brought it up. Just found this on Twitter as well. Booth’s tweet is gone now but I’m guessing the cunt replying to him is parroting something he said. 

E05A1898-5424-40E9-9075-89E96774DD03.jpeg

Vile. As much as I initially laughed at his jabs at Kugan, Fish Eyes, Froch etc, it’s stuff like this that made me stop watching his content. He’s got nobody to blame but himself for his YouTube channel getting taken down. He likes Billy Joe Saunders as well, which tells you everything you need to know on its own. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Here's a heads up for you that i only found out about this week. The shows Boxnation are airing live now are being shown on Freesports HD a couple of days later, so its pretty handy if you want to avoid results.

Next week they are showing this weekend cards on Tuesday/Thursday evening respectively. 

750x430_dazn_boxing_web_hc.jpg

^ that'll be shown Tuesday evening.

then this will be shown Thursday evening:

02.15_11x17_V00-1050x600-dbe0b2ea64.jpg

handy.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

well, Ryan Garcia.

Kid looks 14, but he looks boxings next superstar. Absolutely whiped out a durable opponent in no time at all. Plan is to have him fight Jorge Linares next, who also won via big KO in the co-main event. Excited for that.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, Egg Shen said:

Here's a heads up for you that i only found out about this week. The shows Boxnation are airing live now are being shown on Freesports HD a couple of days later, so its pretty handy if you want to avoid results.

Next week they are showing this weekend cards on Tuesday/Thursday evening respectively. 

handy.

Yeah, what's that all about? Is it the full shows they're showing or highlights or what? I'm a bit miffed as I resubbed to BoxNation a few weeks back and now I don't know why I've bothered if they're just showing the shows a few nights later for free. 

I don't know when it happened as I've not been a subscriber in like 2 years but I like that they now leave the original commentary in. I miss Buncey and I did like Barry and John but they couldn't half suck the fun out of a fight at times. The American commentary just comes off way more enthusiastic. 

• Paid Members

I think they are showing the full main portions of the events, the broadcasts are 2 hours long.

My dad was watching the Gary Russell Jr. fight and they had some awful international feed commentary on it. I think the Garcia show Friday has the proper Golden Boy commentary though.

Are Boxnation still doing their own presentation for the events or no? They basically used to cut back to the studio to kill time between fights and it could be painful viewing, but is better than the wide cam. of the arena shots they can do between fights.

• Paid Members

anyone catch the Caleb Plant fight? the man is pure class. A 168lb fight between and Billy Joe Saunders could be pretty special, this fight here reminded me of Saunders/Lemeiux, the plan appears to be a unification with David Benavidez though. Plant's hand speed and punch variety is just a joy to watch. 

Get on board with the guy, he's gonna be a real star in the next year or so.

Edited by Egg Shen