Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

Barry McGuigan must be livid.

oh, and Boxnation has been revived. They've struck up a deal with Premier Sports and have some new fights listed, sounds good. You keep Boxnation as a BT subscriber too.

https://www.boxnation.com/boxing-news/boxnation-and-premier-sports-announce-exciting-new-strategic-partnership/

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He was on the previous KSI undercards and won both fights, didn’t look to bad if I remember correctly(as far as boxing Youtubers go anyways) 

Where as Jake Paul struggled against KSI younger brother, I see this Gib bloke winning by KO

I was unaware of that. How are they even fighting in the same weight class though?

Has Barry McGuigan ever had a partnership as boxer or promoter in where it hasn't eventually gone tits up or ended up in court?!

I was reading about him going on a BBC show after he had retired. He was slagging off his former promoter, Barney Eastwood with some slanderous stories. Eastwood sued the BBC for damages and won half a million from it.

57 minutes ago, Rossman said:

Has Barry McGuigan ever had a partnership as boxer or promoter in where it hasn't eventually gone tits up or ended up in court?!

It's happened a few times now, hasn't it? Frampton buggered off as well. If it happens once, you can put it down to a boxer being unprofessional, but when it keeps happening to him there has to be more to it.

Taylor's side of the story:

There were rumours last week that Taylor is searching for a new trainer. So these developments didn't come as a surprise to me. Taylor could now be set to hook up with a trainer who is mostly known for coaching heavyweights. Lord knows who that might be. 

Edited by jimufctna24

Ive always found there to be something shady about the McGuigans. 

From the outside looking it always seemed like Frampton and McGuigan were made for each other. Barry used to parade Frampton around like he was his son. It ended in a mess though, Frampton still cant go into the details of what actually happened, id imagine details in the Taylor case will be scarce too.

some decent dustups this weekend, ill try catching the main events at least:

1*HKI5EUGRw0dYIB8GhrRw3A.png

44bccd220b102c9a0016931190bf6db3.jpg

not sure if either is on UK TV, though the Top Rank show will air through the Fite App for a few quid. Got the Shields/Habazin card on Boxnation tonight too.

McGuigan is an odd bloke. Met him twice through various work things and he's incredibly paranoid. I always hoped Frampton would move on and was glad when he did.

Loved watching him as a fighter. Didn't he get binned off Sky as a pundit for saying that the Audley v Haye fight was shit? As a promoter it always looks like it is about him rather than the fighter. Also looks dodgy as fuck.