Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

Deontay Wilder, holy fucking shit.

He looked terrible for 7 rounds and then he lands that right hand from hell, the guys unbelievable, i gave Ortiz every round comfortably. He's been behind in so many fights now but he just finds that punch, he literally needs one. 

WilderOrtiz241119-9.jpg?width=1000&heigh

Oh he’s a prick but worse than Saunders? I think not. 

Look at this slow-mo of Wilder knocking all the brylcreem and sweat out of Ortiz’s hair;

Poor fuck looked every bit of his 107 years after that one. 

1FEAFB89-BBA2-4C05-A10A-69BFBF78167A.jpeg

I retired to bed at 6am a beaten man on Sunday morning. Joe Gallagher remains relevant, Wilder comes back from 6-0 down to spark Ortiz, and Fowler wins again. 

This bloody sport. 

Met Carl Frampton on the strip in Vegas earlier today. He's looking in good shape ahead of his fight this weekend.

ive warmed to Frampton as a personality, in interviews and leading upto fights i never really took to him, might be something to do with having the McGuigan stink left on him, but he comes off great on his podcast.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, jimufctna24 said:

I'm sure the pre-teen girls and gays will swoon over BJS. 

22 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Billy Jean Saunders

He won't go around breaking young girls' hearts (hee-ee-ee)

Hearing talk that Wilder is holding off on signing the contract for the Fury rematch until the Joshua/Ruiz fight has taken place. Word is that a win for Ruiz would see Wilder choose to face him instead in an all-American battle for the belts.

Makes sense, of course, but it would be shit to not see the Fury rematch.

Ive never really bought the talk of February 22nd for the rematch. 

Wilder was giving it the 'one face...' schpiel again last weekend too so it could be about the unification. Im fairly certain the winner of Joshua/Ruiz has to deal with a mandatory though before a potential Wilder fight. Lots of talk the winner having to give up certain belts.

8 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Ive never really bought the talk of February 22nd for the rematch. 

Wilder was giving it the 'one face...' schpiel again last weekend too so it could be about the unification. Im fairly certain the winner of Joshua/Ruiz has to deal with a mandatory though before a potential Wilder fight. Lots of talk the winner having to give up certain belts.

Wilder's just being smart. It obviously sucks for Fury, but if you're Wilder you wait and see who wins the fight between Ruiz/Joshua and see what the lay of the land is there. If the Saudi's love what they got and are prepared to throw more money at another fight, why wouldn't Wilder want part of that? 

Fury will get his big fight eventually no doubt, and if Ruiz wins again could we maybe even see that huge Fury/Joshua British fight we've all wanted? I'd buy that for a dollar!

possibly, i aint buying the February talk for the Wilder/Fury rematch until theres a press conference to announce it.

i would have watched that live, ive gotta work though. Hughie Fury has dropped off the card.

Theres a show on BT at the same time...

Midlands-Mayhem-On-Sale.jpg

Then Carl Frampton returns in the wee small hours:

valdez-frampton-nov-30-1.png

The advertised Valdez fight is off though, Gurierrez came in 11lb over weight 🙄

Edited by Egg Shen