Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

7 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

I’d love Price to do it and as Fury showed against Chisora he can be controlled with a decent jab and boxing on the outside. But Delboy looks cardio wise to be in very decent shape and after his vicious knockout in his last fight his confidence will be sky high. If all the stars align, eg Chisora disillusioned missing out on the Parker fight, Price fights the fight of his life  then it can be done. I just have the feeling the pressure will get to Price being a sorta joint headliner on a Sky PPV and he’ll gas and struggle if the fight goes past 5 or 6 rounds. An interesting fight though, better than the Parker fight i think intrigue wise. 

The Parker switch may really mess with Del Boy mentality, and going against a guy who's gameplan will be to avoid the kind of fight he likes to be in, I could easily see Price winning a decision here.

Chazz Witherspoon has stepped in to fight Usyk, 38 year old and wont pose much of a threat outside of being a pretty big guy. I remember Witherspoon being semi-relevant about 10 years ago, i didnt even know he was still fighting.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

For fucks sake, Price, please stop.

He's actually in as good a position as he has for years, so he'll not be calling it a day.

15 minutes ago, David said:

He's actually in as good a position as he has for years, so he'll not be calling it a day.

It the worry of seeing him getting starched again, it's scary.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Hopefully he schools big Del and makes some decent coin in a potential big fight afterwards before bailing out on a relative high.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know what you mean. Despite his recent wins at domestic level, I still get an uneasy feeling watching him. Not quite as bad as the feeling I used to have watching Enzo Maccarinelli getting almost routinely ironed out  but close. I’m just hoping for a feel good ending for him but of course that’s a rare thing in Boxing. Hopefully he beats Chisora, bags a big payday and settles into being a pundit or something so he can bust out that massive suit again. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

the Povetkin KO was the worst one because going everyone knew it was going to happen, then when it did it was worse than anyone could have imagined.

Just to clarify, that like is for all of that post apart from him beating Chizzy Rascal.