Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Still, cut dependent or not, Fury didn't look great fitness-wise Saturday, if anything you'd have to say it looks like he's gone backwards since Wilder despite being down in weight. Tyson by this stage was meant to be showing improvements on what we saw last December, i dont think we saw any.

It was always a possibility that he'd end up over-training considering the amount of times he's fought in the past year and a half. I still don't think it'll make too much difference if and when the Wilder rematch happens. It'll go down one of the ways I mentioned.

• Paid Members

Overtraining at this stage is always going to be a worry with Tyson though, he basically admits that the only way he keeps his head right it hit the gym and train, Davison also alludes to that in the interview above. Its gonna be a struggle for the team to get that balance right.

11 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Overtraining at this stage is always going to be a worry with Tyson though, he basically admits that the only way he keeps his head right it hit the gym and train, Davison also alludes to that in the interview above. Its gonna be a struggle for the team to get that balance right.

That's why I've said numerous times that the very fact he's where he is today considering the mental health issues he's dealing with is astounding. Even if he goes on to lose to Wilder and call it a day, he's still succeeded to a certain extent. 

More important than his boxing career is him managing to maintain a healthy lifestyle out of the ring. 

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i dont think anyone has ever downplayed the significance of what Tyson has come back from and achieved, its an amazing story.

I dunno, there were some people who think he just got depressed and fucked off.

• Paid Members
On 9/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Ha, “at large”, like he’s a murderer/cannibal on the run or something. Well, it wouldn’t really surprise me. 

As well as Fury vs Wallin on Saturday night (fuck BT Box Office), there’s also a solid Matchroom card on Sky Sports tomorrow night/early hours of Saturday morning. 

Devin Haney vs Zaur Abdullaev

Heather Hardy vs Amanda Serrano 

Michael Hunter vs Sergey Kuzmin

forgot to comment on this...

Devin Haney looks the real deal doesn't he? lightning fast and hits hard. He smashed Abdullaev's cheekbone resulting in a stoppage. Haney called out Lomachenko but it aint gonna happen based on where Lomachenko wants to go but i would love to see that fight. Haney will be a world champ once Loma vacates.

• Paid Members

Face to Face: Chisora vs Parker;

Doesn’t really matter but what’s the deal here with dropping the ‘Gloves Are Off’ name and swapping Johnny Nelson for some woman I’ve never heard of? I’m guessing it’s because it’s Matchroom themselves putting this out not Sky Sports? 

Whatever. Hope they do one for Prograis and Taylor as well. That could be good, they both can’t stop chatting shit to each other every time they see each other. 

Ive never really rated Porter, up until his last fight he has generally just rushed in with his head against top opposition and hoped for the best, he tried to box a little more in his last fight and didnt do to well if my memory serves me right.

I honestly think Spence is a level above him. 

It’s all about Spence and Crawford for me.  I convincing Spence win on points after he nagates Porters style which may take a few rounds. Will definately watch though. Tripple D this weekend as well is it?