Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Ha, “at large”, like he’s a murderer/cannibal on the run or something. Well, it wouldn’t really surprise me. 

As well as Fury vs Wallin on Saturday night (fuck BT Box Office), there’s also a solid Matchroom card on Sky Sports tomorrow night/early hours of Saturday morning. 

Devin Haney vs Zaur Abdullaev

Heather Hardy vs Amanda Serrano 

Michael Hunter vs Sergey Kuzmin

Those are the top fights. Worth a watch. Loved the Hunter vs Kuzmin stare-down yesterday, Kuzmin tried to intimidate Hunter and Hunter didn’t even blink.

Looking forward to that one. 

CB8CC3E5-C4A6-4247-A32C-69F8CB918D39.jpeg

48658CAE-0F5A-4B11-B7F5-35F3C64E6B0C.png

C1752EE2-52D5-4516-977D-F35FF1A42B30.jpeg

On 9/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Prograis also weighs about 120lbs less then Chisora and about half a foot shorter.

Absolute Mark

I may be thinking of the wrong guy, but doesn't he have an amateur wrestling background, as well as a bit of a background in Karate and is currently training BJJ? If so, coupled with his obvious boxing skills, i don't think it would be a foregone conclusion by any stretch that he couldn't get a few shots in and take Chisora down.

Let's face it, for all his strength and his ability to get punched in the head without going to sleep, Chisora isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. He's the type who'd get taken down and choked out before he even knew what fucking day it was.

• Paid Members

Im in for that Haney card tonight. Ive neglected a few of the Matchroom US cards and haven't seen some of their US market prospects over there fight so im tuning in. Gonna avoid the results and watch it tomorrow night.

Undercard is not up to much on the Fury show tomorrow night. I do like the look of Emanuel Navarrete though. Super Bantamweight champion who has come from nowhere. His first 20 fights were spent fighting random Mexicans. He got a world title shot against Isaac Dogboe who was seen the next big thing in the division and wiped the floor with him. They had a rematch and Navarrete stopped him. He's a tall fighter with long arms for a Super Bantamweight so can box at distance but has significant power. He fought last month and stopped his undefeated opponent in 3 rounds. His reward was fighting a month later on this card

• Paid Members

Dogboe was getting that 'next big thing' push too. The Fury show is gonna be a bust, i know its another tune up/showcase but theres so much negativity surrounding it that it cant actually be doing much good besides financially. Heard on the Sports Illustrated podcast that 3,000 tickets had been sold in a 20,000 cap. arena and that nobody in the States is talking about it. Then on this side on the pond its a bust because everyone is furious that they've moved it to box office. 

Best Fury can hope for is that he has some kind of another viral, highlight reel performance because people are seeing right through this thing in the build up.