Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

4 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Theres a nxt gen card on sky tonight which has gone under the radar slightly.

i did mean to post about it, good little card. Excellent little domestic scrap on top, Brian Rose vs. Anthony Fowler. Lewis Ritson on the undercard too.

boxing-ecl.jpg?width=720&height=437&mode

Like all heavyweights on their way up Wallin has beaten Raphael Zumbano, so he is obviously a contentious 🙁

In other news I see that VADA say that Whyte passed all of their tests in the run up to the Rivas fight. The plot thickens. 

wasn't it because Andy Ruiz Jr. went the distance with Zumbano Love that David ridiculed Ruiz as an opponent for AJ? 😄

The sheer and utter madness of this Fury ESPN deal does make me laugh.

He is getting millions for fighting bums in half empty arenas. ESPN must be getting wrecked by this deal. Its the most gypsy thing I've ever seen in sports. 

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

Yeah, while they’re not the fights we want to see, you can’t knock Tyson for it. He’s making great money for doing easy work. 

It’s not ideal for us but he’s not boxing for us at the end of it. I actually don’t have a problem with it providing we get Fury vs Wilder 2 as is currently expected in early 2020. 

The thing is i love a Fury squash. If he has 3 squash matches entertaining me then 1 big fight where he shows how good he really is, i’m happy. Plus Bob Arum has done his cash on this! Funny thing us as well, he let Ruiz buy himself out of his contract with 1 fight left on it! He must be seething! Let Ruiz go with 1 fight left, then sign Fury for an £80 million five fight deal where he fights bums!

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

wasn't it because Andy Ruiz Jr. went the distance with Zumbano Love that David ridiculed Ruiz as an opponent for AJ? 😄

I don't know about the David part but he went 8 rounds with Ruiz. Zumbano is another of these that everyone has to fight on the way up. 

I understand the need to keep ticking over until the supposed Wilder rematch early next year but its just a head scratcher of an opponent.

If Ruiz beats Joshua in the rematch then he’ll fight Wilder after i imagine for the Undisputed, with a rematch clause, so theres no gaurantee Wilder/Fury 2 will happen. No one path is mapped out clearly. 

unnamed.0.jpg

live on BT Sports tonight. Im gonna watch it live with a big fuck off kebab. Ive not really got on the Michael Conlan bandwagon but no better place to start than tonight. Should be good.

The Conlan show was decent if a little long (as most shows are).

My first real exposure to Conlan but its hard what to take away. BT were pushing him as being ready to get in there with some of the World Champions but theres no getting around the fact that Ruiz was piss poor. Things got a tad heated on the panel afterwards when Buncey brought that up. Conlan didnt put a foot wrong and forced the stoppage but the opponent put a bit of a dampener on it. Easy to see why Conlan is getting special treatment though, 10,000 hometown sellout, the kids got something.

I will be pissed if the result of Jenkins/Gallagher ends up screwing up my bet though (ive got 3 UFC fights on my slip too, all favorites). The fight ending cut was very clearly caused by a punch so Gallagher (a fair underdog, and on my slip) should have won by TKO. Instead Howard Foster (him again) deemed it a clash of heads and sent it to the cards where Jenkins won by a single point. £250 riding on that, i will be pissed.