Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

On 6/26/2019 at 10:21 AM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So anyone who fancies seeing Vasyl Lomachenko fight in the flesh, O2 arena 31st of August against Luke Campbell. Can't imagine it will last long. 

Yeah i am fearful that Campbell is gonna get his head knocked off 😨

Watched the last few rounds of Guillermo Rigondeaux v Julio Ceja from last week. Rigondeaux had completely changed his elusive style and boxed in the pocket against Ceja. It wasn't working well, Ceja had landed a quarter more punches than Rigondeaux and had a better punch connectivity ratio. Ceja was up on all the scorecards.

In the last ten seconds of round 8, Ceja got caught and dropped, he was up at 6, answered the referee's commands but the referee waved the fight off. The round was over and he would have had one minute to recover. If he was in no fit state to continue, his team or the referee could have ended the fight then. Ceja has since appealed the decision.

It’s a few days out of date now because this was recorded before Joesph Parker’s fight at the weekend but I just watched this interview with David Higgins on IFL...

What an odd but strangely likeable character he is. I wasn’t familiar with him at all until the buildup to AJ vs Parker and for a fight with little in the way of trash talk or hype, Higgins was the most entertaining thing about the lead-in to that one. Sky knew it as well, they even did a separate Hearn vs Higgins ‘Gloves Are Off’. Ever since then, if I see a David Higgins interview I’m clicking on it. Highlight of this one is the story he tells about going to Eddie Hearn’s Essex mansion when they were signing the AJ-Parker fight. I love that Parker has a fucking mouthpiece manager, pro wrestling style. 

Yeh, Higgins is gold. Hearn has said everything was pointing and pushing the rivalry with Higgins to turn nasty in the build up but he couldnt help but like him. The best part of Parker signing with Matchroom was that it means we'll get more Higgins.

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Highlight of this one is the story he tells about going to Eddie Hearn’s Essex mansion when they were signing the AJ-Parker fight

In fairness, I would have laughed like a drain at the sight of Higgins in a string-vest. 

But aye, I can't get enough of him either. 

When he said ‘We call it a wifebeater in New Zealand’ I instantly pictured Higgins in full Harold Howard get-up doing a forward roll into Hearn’s office. 

Speaking of IFL, this video has been doing the rounds on Youtube this week. It's IFL head honcho Kugan Cassius confronting Prince Patel. The incident apparently occurred a month or so ago. Not sure what it is all about. 

Whyte and Chisora had to be pulled apart, Froch and Groves had a bit of a pull about. Here’s all the best highlights of the ‘Gloves Are Off’ rip-off for Dubois vs Gorman...

Warren's really trying with Dubois but hes so uttellerly devoid of any sort of charisma or comfort in front of camera that putting him in this kind of situation just seems unfair on the bloke.

despite what i said previously about a dull buildup, im actually really looking forward to the show, good card.

17 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Warren's really trying with Dubois but hes so uttellerly devoid of any sort of charisma or comfort in front of camera that putting him in this kind of situation just seems unfair on the bloke.

I prefer him when he doesn't do much talking. He's got that Tyson-esque look to him with the black shorts and shoes, and his no-nonsense style.

Chris Eubank bloody loves a Smartie. I’ve watched this about 5 times in a row and not a second of it was a waste. 

Stupendous!