Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

The only way they could top it would be for Ruiz to win the rematch, then announce his retirement while a statue of him is unveiled in Mexico only for Mr T to show up in the crowd creating a fracas.

Edited by David

back to Tyson Fury, a lot of people gave him credit for his tweet after the fight Saturday night...

fast forward a day or two and he's making comments like this on ESPN:

Is he just trolling everyone? or is it simply a case of him not being able to help himself when there's camera thrust in front of him?

Being respectful doesn't sell fights, does it? He's trying to insert himself in the Wilder/Joshua conversation it seems.

Tyson says things to get people interested...and it utterly works. A lot of times I think he's just having a laugh. He's a walking contradiction.

As David alluded to, Tyson is just being clever. I mean, he has very clearly stated how much he likes Wilder but it didn't stop him calling Wilder a "dosser" etc.

Anyway, I think Ruiz is great news for boxing. Not only does it create another name in the mix, but a Mexican HW champion (who looks like him) could be absolutely massive for the sport. If I'm on Team Wilder or Fury I'm thinking this could be a lot worse from a money point of view, should Ruiz get a 2nd win over AJ.

all honesty, the sooner we see Fury and Wilder lose as well, the better. It's this infatuation with an unbeaten record that is keeping these guys apart I think, and once they start losing they'll realise that all of the great fighters with a few notable exceptions lose. It happens.

This is absolutely spot on. Well said. Its my biggest annoyance with modern boxing

Just got round to watching it. I knew the result - was impossible to avoid it - but managed to steer clear of the rest of the fall out so just reading stuff at the moment retrospectively.

The one thing i kept thinking off, and it may be very loose comparison and harsh, is how much that reminded me of Frank Bruno. Absolutely chiselled in terms of muscle mass and his build, massive puncher yet he still blows up super quick and looks absolutely gassed after a few exchanges. On top of that any time he gets tagged - even with innocuous looking punches - and he looks like he doesn't want to be there and the big legs go all bowed out and he's like bambi on ice.

first interview/appearence by Adonis Stevenson following his in ring injury last year

There’s mixed reports on Twitter that Zab Judah was hospitalised with a bleed on the brain after being stopped in a fight last night. Seen guys like Tony Bellew, Dave Coldwell and Kal Yafai tweeting well wishes. From bits I’ve read he’s awake so hopefully he’s going to be OK. 

Zab was released from hospital, thankfully looks like he's ok.

2 days out from Fury/Schwarz. Fury explaining his change in tone toward Joshua here 😄...

Warrington/Galahad is this weekend too, its on standard BT sports before the Fury PPV kicks in. 

Warrington-v-Galahad.jpg

back on Warrington/Galahad, the buildup has been nasty, some genuine animosity between those two. Lots of stuff dregged up about Galahad's drug failure's and stuff. The atmosphere in Leeds is gonna be intense.

I hate Warrington, he comes across so unlikeable, but he’s going to have to much for Gallahad isnt he. I think he’s already beat him twice in the amatuers. Warrington probably has the two best wins out of any British boxer in the last year. 

Never saw Tom Schwarz fight but he’s there to make the big man look good isnt he? I just hope Fury puts on a good performance and doesnt fuck around to much and get clipped. The build up has been similar to his first comeback fight in that he seems to be treating it as a bit of a joke. Would like Fury to put on a good display and try and take him out in the first half of the fight to keep his monentum going. Fuck paying for it like!