Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

did anyone watch Judah/Mayweather last week? what's everyone's opinions on the brawl in the 10th round?

I've just finished watching it and it was a damn good fight. Zudah seemedto do really well in the fist 4 rounds but it was a pretty simple win for Mayweather in the end though. That Judah, what a cheeting bastard. He's taking to many punches so he delibratly low blows Mayweather and then punches him in the back of the head. I can see why Roger Mayweather was so pissed of but he's lucky time was called otherwise he could of got Floyd DQ. Then the brawl broke out after one Of Judahs corner men punched Roger who then slipped, Zab try punches Roger and them 2 scrapping, all hell breaks loose from both corners and the police break it up. Absolutly crazy it was. Floyd was still professional about it though and even touched gloves with Judah. Then the ref got them in the middle of the ring had a chat with them Floyd offered his glove again but Judah wouldn't touch until the ref told him to, WHAT A PRICK.Hattons has now moved up to Welterweight so give him a few fights at this weight then i would love to see Hatton vs Mayweather. I would pay top dollar for this fight.

Guest TakerFan2K5

What are people's views on 'Ordinary' Audley Harrison (especially after Friday night)?Personally, I think he went about his career the entirely wrong way, insisting in being in the limelight for every single fight when neither his boxing ability or choice of opponent merited it (I've no doubt that he HAS the boxing ability to impressi as anyone who watched him winning the Olympic title can confirm, I think it's always been motivation that has been his problem).Essentially, I see him as just an over-hyped fighter who's never seemed to be half as good as he thinks he is and has ended up falling so far short of his alleged potential.If he does end up retiring (which he's claming on Ceefax this morning that he won't), then good riddance to him as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by TakerFan2K5

i cant believe they didnt make a fuss about Judah throwing a punch at Roger Mayweather, it was shown about 50 times but the commentators kind of avoided it.

I hate Judah but if you get in that ring and you aren't being paid to fight then I think any fighter is within their right to defend any possible attack no matter how probable it is.The minute Roger Mayweather got in the ring, it should have been an automatic DQ and a win for Judah. But they can't have the poster boy losing now can they?Harrison is a complete joke. I was one of very few willing to give him another chance after the Williams farce but his career is over now. Can't believe he is fighting on. He must have squandered the BBC million he got.

Harrison has wasted his career - He's a 6ft5 guy who can move and he started in one the worst era's in heavyweight history so frankly the fact that he didnt even get near a world title shot is appalling.Before his pro debut he stated that he could already beat Danny Williams - he genuinely believed this and I think he was completely unprepared for how tough the pro game can be.He was too much of an amateur and that hasnt changed - I dont think the fucker has ever grasped that planting your feet when you punch is farly essential if you are going to make a dent in a 17stone man.

Harrison has wasted his career - He's a 6ft5 guy who can move and he started in one the worst era's in heavyweight history so frankly the fact that he didnt even get near a world title shot is appalling.Before his pro debut he stated that he could already beat Danny Williams - he genuinely believed this and I think he was completely unprepared for how tough the pro game can be.He was too much of an amateur and that hasnt changed - I dont think the fucker has ever grasped that planting your feet when you punch is farly essential if you are going to make a dent in a 17stone man.

He should never have promoted himself, had he been with someone like Maloney he could be far superior to the boxer he is now. He believed the hype every British sports person seems to get and believed he had already prooved himself. Then to Wlad vs Byrd, Wlad via unanimous decision. Edited by Jamianity

Guest split_decision

Just thought some people might not know, but the Chris Byrd vs Wladimir Klitschko fight is on Setanta PPV tonight for

I suppose I should probably use spoiler tags, to be on the safe side.

God fucking dammit I can't out how to work these things. There's spoilers for last nights world title fight below.

[spoiler] Well, we've got a new champion, and he did it in a very impressive display, just dismantling Byrd. I had hoped Byrd would hang in there, hopefully Klitchko would tire as the fight wore on, then he'd rack up the points, but he didn't make it to the later rounds, Klitchko battered him and took the KO just into the 7th round. The Winner, and new IBF/IBO world champion, Wladimir Klitchko [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

I am resurrecting this thread to have a public whinge about Frank Warren failing yet again to find an opponent for Joe Calzaghe. It's bullshit

How dare you!TBC is a very good opponent and has boxed on many of Frank Warrens cards. In fact this is the 2nd time he has faced Calzaghe :/

I am resurrecting this thread to have a public whinge about Frank Warren failing yet again to find an opponent for Joe Calzaghe. It's bullshit

How dare you!TBC is a very good opponent and has boxed on many of Frank Warrens cards. In fact this is the 2nd time he has faced Calzaghe :/
You gotta be kidding me? STILL no opponent?

... and half an hour before the sale date, Ticketmaster pulls it from it's site. Could this be a record for boxing postponements?Correction - they went back on sale at 10 (albeit hidden from the main pages) and I got a

Edited by matbro1984