Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

yep, its a pretty incredible turn around. I did worry that Fury would go off the rails again but hes looking in better shape now than he did for the Wilder fight, huge props to him.

He said during Christmas he had a few days off and realised his mind was starting to betray him again, so basically just dived straight back into training. So long as he knows when he's slipping and gets working out, he'll be fine. He calls running his "medicine" because he realises it's impact on clearing his head. His conditioning must be very good, at the minute.

I'll be tuning in, but there's not a fucking chance I'm paying to see Eubank face DeGale. It'll be a decent scrap no doubt, but never a PPV card. I think the upsurge in popularity in the UK for boxing has seen a lot of these pricks who run the shows thinking they can milk the fans for as much as possible.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, David said:

I'll be tuning in, but there's not a fucking chance I'm paying to see Eubank face DeGale. It'll be a decent scrap no doubt, but never a PPV card. I think the upsurge in popularity in the UK for boxing has seen a lot of these pricks who run the shows thinking they can milk the fans for as much as possible.

I do wonder whos making the decisions to put these on PPV? its the first PBC produced UK card. I've read that previous ITV PPV's have tanked, they keep going to it though.

Im looking forward to the whole show, 3 real solid fights. DeGale has been saying all the right things in the build up. Hes got a bit of the Tito Ortiz about him where he keeps banging on about past injuries but claims this time he's 100%. Not the first time ive heard that out of him, but after two poor performances against Truax (when he claims he was injured) i dont see him going in against Eubank unless he was in good nick. Eubank is the bookies favorite but DeGale has convinced me he's gonna win it.

The ITV Box Office youtube channel has a lot of good stuff on it if you want some pre-fight stuff.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

So its DeGale/Eubank Jr. Saturday night on ITV Box Office (boooo!). Anyone tuning in? how do you see it going?

Also Joyce/Stiverne on the undercard.

A tough one to call, i am going for a Eubank stoppage in the last quarter of the fight. 

Degale has never been stopped and has been in with some top fighters, big hitters as well. I said this with the Groves fight, why do people think Eubank is suddenly step up and beat a semi world class fighter? Unless he gets injured i see a Degale points win. Eubank can beat European level fighters but is bamboozled against anyone with a decent jab and good footwork. 

Unless Degale is totally shot i see a points win, wider than the cards will give it.

16/1 contreversial draw followed by a rematch is worth a fiver i think.