Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Fights from the US always run late. Virgin Media give you the option to record an hr or more longer than the allocated time. I always use that. 

Was an ok fight, Pacman seemed to be rushing in alot but done what he had to. Not sure where Broner goes from here. 

Would like to see Pacquio fight Crawford after he gets past Khan. Both Arum fighters so i imagine not to difficult to make. Just depends if all parties want it. 

Alternatively a Mayweather/Pacquio rematch to same night as Alvarez Jacobs would be funny.

• Paid Members

Wasn’t there some talk of Pacquiao vs Lomachenko not too long ago? Think it was just after Loma beat Linares. Wouldn’t be that shocked if that happens this year. 

Just glad Pacquiao won. Broner is such a helmet, I’d have hated seeing him get a win over Manny. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Check out the cut Badou Jack sustained!

*Warning* it looks like an axe wound.

If they are not stopping a fight for that cut then no fight should ever be stopped. He was bleeding like Eddie Guerrero after JBL had hit him with the chair at Judgement Day 2004. It was ridiculous. He wasn't winning that fight anyway, clearly should have been stopped. 

• Paid Members

Pacman did his thing. He's still looking great at 40, Broner is absolutely delusional though, he has all the tools he just never put it together in big fights, i gave him 1 round. Guys a nut job.

his post fight interview was censored on ITV, here it is...

Edited by Egg Shen

It did make me laugh. When Manny slowed down in the ninth and gave Broner a reasonable chance to hit him. The counterpuncher got counterpunched and rocked. Broners only defence to stop Manny's flurries was to clinch or push his head down. He should have had a point deducted for the amount of unsporting conduct he was doing.

• Paid Members

Anyone see the Keith Thurman vs Josesito Lopez fight from last night? Worth a watch. Thurman didn’t look his usual self and was probably a bit rusty but he came through in the end. Called out Pacquiao after. 

It was live on ITV4 as well, which I didn’t realise until late last night. It’s available on the Sky catch-up thing now.