Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

couldn't get over the difference in height! Mind you it gives Canelo plenty of target to aim for in terms of body shots 🥊

Well called Stylin! 

Felt sorry for Rocky but Canelo was always going to wreck him. Hopefully Rocky got a big payday at least, anyone know what he was getting for this slaughter?

• Paid Members
On 12/16/2018 at 3:16 PM, Keith Houchen said:

What the fuck is the deal with it being their minor world title? 

That's the WBA for you. They tend to have a super champion and regular champion in each division, utter pish posh. So now Canelo is the WBA regular champ and Callum Smith is the WBA super champ. Basically if a guy holds more than 1 version of a title in a division including the WBA they promote the champion to super champ status and create a new regular title. That's why at heavyweight Anthony Joshua is the WBA super champion and Manuel Charr holds their new regular belt, it's bonkers.

As for the fight, Rocky gave about as good an account of himself as was possible, he has pretty much no chance of winning but at least he had a go. The fight was very much set up to try and encourage new subscribers for DAZN in America, trying to allow people to use the free month to get a Canelo fight which are always on PPV, Fielding was fodder.

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

That's the WBA for you. They tend to have a super champion and regular champion in each division, utter pish posh. So now Canelo is the WBA regular champ and Callum Smith is the WBA super champ. Basically if a guy holds more than 1 version of a title in a division including the WBA they promote the champion to super champ status and create a new regular title. That's why at heavyweight Anthony Joshua is the WBA super champion and Manuel Charr holds their new regular belt, it's bonkers.

They love doing interim champions as well. In four different weight classes at the moment they have three champions. So at Cruiserweight they have Usyk as Super World Champion, Shumenov as Regular World Champion and Goulamirian as Interim World Champion. They really take the piss.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

They love doing interim champions as well. In four different weight classes at the moment they have three champions. So at Cruiserweight they have Usyk as Super World Champion, Shumenov as Regular World Champion and Goulamirian as Interim World Champion. They really take the piss.

They might as well just give up and create tag titles. The sheer mess of such fights couldn't drag it down much further.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

What purpose is an interim champion serving of a division already has two (regular and super) champions?

I would guess it's down to the fact that Gilberto Mendoza likes to collect a sanctioning fee for all WBA world title fights. 

• Paid Members

Anyone bothering paying for one of the two big fights, this weekend? Hearn is going full Vince by scheduling Chisora v Whyte on the same day, after Warren announced the Frampton contest. Both are on PPV at ÂŁ19.95 a pop.

Hearn, of course, is claiming it was the only realistic date available.

• Paid Members

I’m going halves with my brother for Whyte vs Delboy 2. I’ll watch Warrington vs Frampton on the Sunday if I can. 

The thing is, I actually think Warrington vs Frampton is the safer bet to deliver a good fight. As great as Whyte-Chisora was the first time, they both kind of blow hot and cold. There’s a reason why going into that first fight a lot of people were expecting a dud. And they’ve both looked good recently so maybe they’re due a stinker. Whereas Warrington and Frampton, they’re not the characters Whyte and Chisora are, there isn’t really a grudge there and it’s probably not ending inside the distance. But I’d say they’re a little bit more consistent in having entertaining, action fights. I might be forgetting something but I really can’t recall either Warrington or Frampton shitting a fight up like say, Chisora vs Fury 2 or Whyte vs Helenius. 

I don’t know. I can see the BT show maybe being better on the night actually. But I’m more invested in Whyte vs Chisora and I really don’t want to put money in the pocket of Billy Joe Shithead. 

Here’s the full cards, from what I can tell. 

pTd0qc.jpg

SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE:

Dillian Whyte vs Dereck Chisora 

Ryan Walsh vs Reece Bellotti - British Featherweight Title

Cristofer Rosales vs Charlie Edwards - WBC Flyweight Title

Joshua Buatsi vs Renold Quinlan 

David Price vs Tom Little

Linus Udofia vs Pavol Garaj

Fabio Wardley vs Phil Williams

5yPJ4h.jpg

BT SPORTS BOX OFFICE:

Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton - IBF World Featherweight Title 

Mark Heffron vs Liam Williams - British Middleweight Title

Martin Murray vs Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam

Mick Conlan vs Jason Cunningham

Nathan Gorman vs Razvan Cojanu 

Tommy Fury vs Jevgeijs Andrejevs 

Lyndon Arthur vs Emmanuel Feauzeu

Jack Massey vs Jiri Svacina 

Billy Joe Saunders vs Charles Adamu

Danny Wright vs TBA

Paddy Barnes vs TBA

Sam Maxwell vs TBA

The more I look at the two cards, I think BT’s definitely got the better one overall. But like I said, I’m more invested in the Sky main event and you know what Fish Eyes shows are like with the pacing. It’ll probably go on well into the new year. And again, fuck Saunders. 

I can see two upsets. Warrington on points and Delboy stoppage.

I think Warrington will not let Frampton settle and while the quality will come from Frampton i think the relentless pressure will steal it for Warrington. 

I just got a feeling that Whyte has had 3 tough camps this year and a renewed and reinvigorated Delboy will stop him late. 

Edited by Porkchopcash