Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeh, I'm looking forward to it, ill get on IFL. The schedule from this weekend on is absolutely insane.

The most interesting thing about this weekends show is that Deontay Wilder will be in Belfast working for BT so I'm expecting some interaction with Fury. 

Need to get excited for Frampton/Jackson but can't help but feel it's a fight not worthy of stadium billing. I need to do some research on Jackson.

Shame Joahua doesnt start throwing his name towards these guys and showing a bit of personality, everyone knows it’s all WWE but it still makes it fun. More interesting than....stay humble....hard work......i’m sure he is a decent chap but you can’t beat the Gypsy King. 

• Paid Members

Heres a video of how it kicked off. Deontay Wilder called Saunders out on calling him a "racist cunt" in an interview. Needless to say, Saunders shit his pants...

Some official BT hype videos...

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Saunders' mouth is going to get him in trouble sooner or later. This time nothing got harmed but some plates and someone's chicken but he needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Going around calling people things like 'racist cunt' on a filmed interview with one of the biggest boxing journalists in the world, then not having the intelligence to realise the internet is worldwide, that person will have seen the interview and is also a 6ft7 world heavyweight champion...and you still approach him and his team as if nothing's been said and you're all mates? It says everything about just how thick this fucking twat is. 

I'm expecting trouble at the show tonight, to be honest. Obviously Fury's fighting so there'll no doubt be loads of travellers there. Saunders will be there with whoever he knocks about with. On top of that you'll have Wilder's entourage there and they don't seem the type to shy away from bother. It's in Belfast. Finlay already told us they love foightin' there. And it's a Warren show. Which means it'll go on way too long and way too late, giving everyone more time to get more bladdered and aggressive. 

Hopefully Fury beats this Vienetta or whatever his name is impressively so everyone's happy and maybe we avoid the carnage. But there's too many fiery tempers and dodgy fuckers involved in this to make me think it's going to come and go peacefully.  

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Saunders' mouth is going to get him in trouble sooner or later. This time nothing got harmed but some plates and someone's chicken but he needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Going around calling people things like 'racist cunt' on a filmed interview with one of the biggest boxing journalists in the world, then not having the intelligence to realise the internet is worldwide, that person will have seen the interview and is also a 6ft7 world heavyweight champion...and you still approach him and his team as if nothing's been said and you're all mates? It says everything about just how thick this fucking twat is. 

I'm expecting trouble at the show tonight, to be honest. Obviously Fury's fighting so there'll no doubt be loads of travellers there. Saunders will be there with whoever he knocks about with. On top of that you'll have Wilder's entourage there and they don't seem the type to shy away from bother. It's in Belfast. Finlay already told us they love foightin' there. And it's a Warren show. Which means it'll go on way too long and way too late, giving everyone more time to get more bladdered and aggressive. 

Hopefully Fury beats this Vienetta or whatever his name is impressively so everyone's happy and maybe we avoid the carnage. But there's too many fiery tempers and dodgy fuckers involved in this to make me think it's going to come and go peacefully.  

If it’s any consolation, apparently there is an 11pm curfew tonight so it should be a fairly early finish with BT only having the three fights scheduled from 7.45 and no floaters  

But yeah, it’s a Tyson Fury fight so there will be trouble - and usually at ringside rather than in the cheap seats! 

• Paid Members

That makes a nice change. A streamlined 3 fight main card is the way forward. But yeah, im expecting trouble too, remember a few of Fury's London fights, proper nasty atmospheres.

There was a great post on boxrec forums about traveller boxing fans. The guy said that at alot of boxing events you get the random blokes a few beers down, a few lines of coke in geeing themselves up. Standing on their seats doing the old "Who are ya? Come on then" act to another set of random blokes. Just like at the football its mostly grandstanding and nothing happens. The problems often start when these same idiots do it to a group of travellers who just go "ahh awesome, its fighting time now" and start climbing over seats.

Good point there, Jim Bob.  At every Boxing event I've been to you always get the Two Can Van Damme's swanning around like they're carrying a roll of carpet under each arm giving it the Johnny Concrete.  When you get travellers, they'll take them up on it and usually batter them.

• Paid Members

Quite enjoyed the boxing last night. When it comes to pure boxing skills, Fury is head and shoulders above the rest of the Heavyweight division, isn't he? His footwork and speed is phenomenal for a bloke who is 6ft 9, and I can see him easily outpointing Wilder for his belt. 

The money that could be made is Joshua has the guts to get into the ring with him at Wembley, would be eye watering. I think the match could be just as good as the AJ/Klitchko match too...

• Paid Members

Fury is no doubt a natural boxer but i'm pretty confident Wilder who at times fights like he's outside a local wetherspoons will put him down and finish him. 

Times about to catch up with Fury. Whilst having talent, He hasn't live the life of a boxer for a long time now. Just this constant weight cut/attempt to get into shape is a huge task in itself. Come November/December Wilders athleticism and energy is going run through a drained Fury imo.

• Paid Members

I don't think it's got anything to do with AJ's guts. Maybe Hearn won't fancy it so much but I doubt AJ himself would be sweating it. People are acting like AJ's trembling with fear over Wilder at the moment because of how everything's played out in the media but it's a load of bollocks. None of these guys are actually scared of each other. It always comes down to a big game of cat and mouse behind the scenes with the money men. And if you look at the three of them - Joshua, Fury and Wilder - Joshua's the one with the overall best résumé and that can't really be disputed. He's beat more decent/high quality fighters than Fury has and they've both faced way stiffer opposition than Deontay. Yet people are going on like he's being babied and fed cans to avoid Fury and Wilder, who ARE actually beating soft opponents. It's a weird situation but I'm not with this recent trend of anti-AJ propaganda. Hearn does need to get these fights made soon though because the longer this goes on the more the tide could turn against Joshua. 

Anyway, yeah I enjoyed the show last night. I hope Warren sticks to this formula going forward. Last night didn't feel like a typical Warren show. It wasn't ridiculously long, didn't have about 16 fights and, rather than just wall to wall fights coming and going with no fucks given, it was entertaining and built two big fights for later in the year. I really enjoyed the little post-fight face offs with Fury/Wilder and Frampton/Warrington and I'm now looking forward to those fights more than I was previously. So a job well done for Fish Eyes, which I don't find myself saying often. Well, ever really. 

Thought Fury looked good. I really liked his performance. Yeah Pianeta is cack but he had a go in spells and was tough enough to hang in and give Fury that much needed ring time.

Fury looked more like the old Fury physically, he's clearly lost more weight since the Seferi fight, and didn't fuck around as much here. I think it was Richie Woodhall who said at the end of the show that Fury's the type who fights up to his opposition's level and you could see last night that he could've gone up a few gears if he wanted to. And when he did step up the aggression in the later rounds he looked excellent. No doubt the Monday morning Freddie Roach's at work will be criticising the fuck out of him for going the distance with a jobber but whatever. These are the kind of fights he needed. Hopefully he's going to be ready for the Wilder fight by the time it rolls round.

Got to love Fish Eyes announcement of Fury vs Wilder though. No date, no venue, nothing is officially signed yet and 'there'll be an announcement next week' or something. So it was an announcement that there's going to be an announcement. But rest assured "IT. IS. ON!!' Yeah, cheers Frank. 

Frampton was good. Looked really sharp. Although I don't know much about Jackson. I liked Frampton's aggression here though and with both guys' workrate I can see him and Warrington being a really good fight. Can't stand Warrington so I hope Frampton boxes his Terry Christian looking head off. 

GGG vs Canelo 2 next then! 

Edited by wandshogun09

Any self-respecting British boxing fan who doesn't want Fury to go to the US and make a complete mug out of Wilder needs their head examined. I'd love for Wilder to get completely outsmarted and soundly outboxed by the big lump.

He may be a bit insane, but he's our big lump.